Looking for a Good Breast Pump.

I am getting ready to purchase a breastpump but I am not sure whether or not to buy the First Years Premium Double Pump or the Medela New In Style Original Breast Pump, both are electric and double pumps but there is a hundred dollar difference. Any advice?

The 1st year brand worked great for me. Just because it cost more does mean that it is any better. Nursing is very beneficial to you and your baby. I'm still nursing my 18 month old at only night now. She has not been sick since she was born and attribute that to the nursing. Good luck.
You might check EBAY, I got a great pump there for a great price. You can also get the high end ones for a lot less as well. Just boil the parts if you feel funny about using somebody's elses pump.

I couldn't really tell you which is better. I got the Avent pump, it's manual. I liked the manual pump because you could control the suction. Sometimes it hurts and with the manual, I thought I could tolerate it more because I was in charge of it. I haven't tried an automatic pump. As I always say, if you're going to get something for yourself, you might as well spend the most to get the best. Madela is supposed to be the Best brand out there. Good luck.

Hi there! Congratulations!!! I used the Medela Breast Pump when my daughter was born and I loved it! I don't know anything about the other pump but I know several people including myself who have used the Medela and loved it. I never had any problems with it. Good luck with the birth of your baby and just remember to be patient with the breastfeeding. It usually takes a few weeks for you to get completely comfortable with it. Don't give up! You will be glad you did it in the end.

I used the Medula pump with both of my children. I really liked it and it lasted for both. The bottles they use are really good also.

Hi D.,

I have used 2 different Medela pumps. The first one was given to me and it was only a single horn/hand-held pump. It worked fine for occassional use. When returning back to work I ended up purchasing a Medela Pump in Style Advanced. I loved it and have used it with 2 different children.

I have only used the Medela and have nothing to compare it with but I would purchase a Medela again.

Hope I helped a little. Good luck!

When I had my baby and started nursing I looked into breast pumps. The one that I used was just a single pump that could be plugged into the wall or use batteries. Don't waste your money on double pumps or hand models. I think the one I used was by evenflo.

1 / 3