Looking for a Good Book to Read!

Can any of you moms recommend a good book to read? I just want something GOOD, can be fiction or a true story. Looking to get my mind off of things and relax! What's good? Thanks!

Oh my gosh! I can't believe all the responses i got from everyone. It has been so fun making a HUGE list of books and authors to go get. Without going into how stressful my life can be, i really needed this! Thank you so much everyone, that was a fun post! Here are my recommendations.. The Child Called It series, by David Peltzer (so awesome, true story, he is so very inspiring) and I love the Left Behind Series, and The Elephant in the Playroom, i highly recommend... it will make you laugh and cry with these parents, should be a book everyone should read to understand what parents go through with special needs children.. it's really an awesome book! Thanks again everyone!

I just finished up The Kite Runner and The Other Boleyn Girl before that. I had a REALLY hard time putting either of them down.

The last two books I just read were "The Same Kind of Different as Me" by Denver Moore and Ron Hall and also "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See. I loved both of them. Truly worthwhile and educational at the same time.

Labyrinth by Kate Mosse is good. It is fiction, long and has a lot of religious content sort of like the "holy grail" stuff. I also like most of the books Jennifer Weiner has written, In Her Shoes, Little Earthquakes and Good in Bed.

Check out goodreads.com. You can look up books by genre, title, author, or subject and see reviews by REAL people. =) There are also groups you can join if there is a particular theme that you enjoy. I have found it to be a really good resource for keeping track of things I have read, but more importantly, things I want to read. Hope this helps!

I love anything by Karen Kingsbury. Dee Henderson is also good. They are both Christian fiction authors.

CHeck out a book at the library on Helen Keller. It's amazing how Ann Sullivan gave her entire life to Helen so she could have a life and to see what an amazing woman Helen (and Ann) turned out to be.

I just finished Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult.. it was great- Now I"m reading The Pact by Jodi Picoult and it very interesting. This author was recommended by my friend. I'm always nervous about new authors, but this one is good!

Any thing by Debbie Macomber. She is such a gifted writer, she will have you laughing and wanting more. If you live on the NE side of town there is a great place on Nacco-Perrin called the Great Book Exchange and you can get wonderful books there for 1/2 the price. They have another location on Fredericksburg Road and at Brook Hollow, check this place out. you can read the newest books and not pay full price and you can exchange for another book, its great reading without the clutter. R. B.

I just finished reading a book called "Something borrowed" by:Emily Giffin . It's a fiction book about two friends, one of whom steals the others fiance (but as readers you are happy she does) It's a great read!! Also, she has a sequel told from the other friends perspective called "Something Blue", everything has a great and happy ending to it plus it's easy to read!

I.,
I know you got a lot of good suggetions including Francine Rivers books. I agree and I love her books. I have just read an incredible book! It's called A Message From God by Retha and Aldo McPherson. It's a true story about a South African family and a former Mrs. South Africa. Her son died in a car accident and God perfomed a miracle and sent him back with a message. I believe this with my whole being and it has changed my life and increased my faith. I don't think you can get this in book stores. Go to sidroth.org and click on Sid's products then type in A Message From God. You will have to order it but it is so worth it. I am reading it again. God Bless, S.

1 / 3