Looking for a Fun Inexpensive Place to Take My 4 Year Old Daughter for Fun!

Hello everyone. I have a very energetic 4 year old daughter. I am wondering if anyone has advice of places we can go to spend quality fun time together. I am also looking for dance classes or gymnastic classes. Any advice of great places to go?

Thank you all so much for the advice...I know that Macey will actually enjoy all of these...we are going to start on our adventures this week! Thank you all so much!

Cosley zoo in Winfield is cute and free. It's small, but that can be just right for the preschool age.

Depending on where you are located - I really enjoy the DuPage Children Museum. They do offer membership prices too. Good luck!

The arboretum is great. They have a children's section that I take my son through when the weather is nice. I bought a membership last year and it was soo worth it. They do bday parties too. You should go one day and check into it. They have summer classes for kids also. www.mortonarb.org

Sometimes we just go to the mall at Foz Valley (Westfield Mall now) and ride the carousel and do the play area. As weather gets better, we go to different parks. As far as dance, Community Christian Church School for the Arts has dance classes (ballet, tap) in Naperville and Romeoville. My daughter loves her instructor - reasonably priced and they have recitals too.

We love Miss Chrissy at Elite Feet Dance in downtown Glen Ellyn.

Our daughters 8 and 2 dance at Illinois Dance Academy on 59 and Caton Farm! They love it and Ms. Trish the owner is fabulous! Good Luck!

I don't know if its too far, but Phillips Park in Aurora is great and free. They have a free zoo that is open every day that is perfect for 4 year olds. Bigger than Cosley in Wheaton. They even have Mastedom bones that were dug up right there in the lake. From the zoo you walk to the HUGE park. Many play structures and lots of shade and picnic tables. I always pack a lunch and can keep my 5 year old twins happy for hours. They even have two big cannons that you can sit on. Always a hit with the kids. And its all free!

Morton Arboretum: childrens garden or explore the area around Marmo pond

You can catch the train to ~Brookfield Zoo (they stop just a few blocks from the zoo!)
~Starved Rock (gas money)(Ottawa)
~Morton Arboretum (Lisle)
~Children's Museum (Naperville)
~Vertical Endeavors (climbing wall - inside Lifetime Fitness)
~Lizzadro Museum-lapidary art! (Elmhurst)

1 / 3