Looking for a Fun and Engaging DVD for My Toddler

Hello! My daughter doesn't watch TV or movies (except maybe Matt Lauer on the Today show, ha) however I'm looking to introduce her to some type of DVD as a Christmas gift. I think she's ready to maybe follow along with songs and movements...such as "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes." I don't want something that she'll zone out with, but something that she'll enjoy dancing along with. Thanks for your ideas!

Wow, thanks for all the responses! I'm definitely going to check out the sign language DVDs and the many others that were mentioned. I'm looking forward to using these as a new activity for us in the afternoons!

I had so much fun with my daughter watching "Wee Sing" videos. You can get them through Amazon. They have great songs, dances andcharacters with colorful outfits. She is now older, but it is a great childhood memory. Especially the ones of Mom doing the dances.

My son loved the baby einstein stuff.
i have the whole collection.
you can go on ebay and get the entire set for a good price.

My three little ones all enjoy the Baby Signing Times DVDs. They've all learned the signs in the two DVDs we have so they're definitely learning something useful from them.

Laurie Berkner is GREAT! Try that one - they outgrow Wiggles quickly (we have a lot of them just sitting on our shelf now), but Laurie is asked for each and every time my daughter watches a video

My daughter loved the Wiggles. Barney, if you can tolerate it, was also loved, as was Baby Songs.

One of my daughters Einsteins has that..they are so good..

Any of the Wiggles movies. I have 2 children. They both loved the Wiggles. Thier movies are fun for both kids and parents.

Baby Einsteins and Little Einsteins are great too. My 3 and 1 year olds love them. I like them too because of the classical music. In Baby Einsteins, the classical music plays while simple actions like a toy going across the screen in beat to the music. In Little Einsteins, it's more of a story that involves the classical music.
The Wiggles were good too, but my daughter(who's now 3) quit enjoying it as much. She also liked Blues Clues and carebears.

The Laurie Berkner band DVD is the best my 2 1/2 year old loves it and it has been her favorite for over a year now. They sing songs and dance, my daughter asks to see it everyday. Her 2yr. old boy cousin and her will dance non-stop!

My son was 2 at the end of May and for his birthday he got a dora the explorer dvd pack and there are a few things I really like about these. We have started trying to teach him Spanish right along as he learns English, since that's the easiest way to learn a second language, but we only have our high school spanish background, so we can help him with these videos, now he counts and says several words in Spanish and he knows it is a different language because they introduce it in english and spanish in the video. The other thing I like about these are they are interactive. They ask your child questions, like do you see a star/estrella (spanish) and your child is given time to respond. They also will say we have to jump high, can you get up and jump high. There are songs he sings to and he really enjoys "participating" with the movie. Also, we always watch with him, even if it's while I'm making dinner, I pay attention, so if he makes a mistake, I can help correct it before they say good job, so he feels a real sense of doing something right. Best of luck!!

I know this was written before Christmas, however I just wanted to share my daughters (and mine!) favorite DVD. It's called BOZ the green bear. It's a Christian video so I don't know if that is appealing or not. =) It's designed specifically for toddlers. All the songs are songs my daughter (2 1/2) has memorized and sings throughout the day. They teach things like shapes, colors, how to eat your veggies, body parts, how to share with chores, and they all use a story and music. It's low key (not in your face) and the songs are all simple and easy to remember. They have a website Bozthebear.com. Hope you can at least check it out! I love signing time, too. My daughter will only watch signing time, curious george (from PBS), and BOZ (the all time favorite!). =)

1 / 3