Looking for a Church

My family is currently looking for a church in the South Elgin/St. Charles area. I was raised Baptist and my husband was raised Catholic. So maybe a non-denominational church would be good for us. I would prefer a church that has age appropriate programs for children during church services. We have a 4 year old son and would like an enviroment where he can learn and grow spiritually also.
Thank You in advance for what I know will be great help and advice.

A little about me:

We absolutely love First Baptist of Geneva. I've also heard great things about Christ Community Church in St. Charles.

I second Laura's suggestion. I've been attending Christ Community Church in St. Charles for 2 years now and love it. They have great programs for kids and adults.

There is a smaller church located in Bartlet, Illinois called Poplar Creek Church. Their website is www.poplarcreek.com. It is a congregation focused and passionate about their faith, (yours will become transformed too) and they consider each other family. It has changed my life, marriage and family. I encourage you in your search for a church; and continue until you find one that will grow your passion about your Christian faith and walk.

I don't know if it's too far to travel, but we are members at Glen Ellyn Bible Church (an easy find from either Geneva Rd. or Roosevelt Rd.). I have a 4 year old daughter and we love it here! There are lots of 4 year old buddies, an impressive children's program, many ways to get connected, friendly atmosphere, and most importantly...they teach/preach straight from the Bible. It's non-denominational, too.
If it's too far, I also highly recommend Christ Community in St. Charles or First Baptist Church of Geneva. They are also wonderful churches. If you google them, you'll probably find more details. Good luck!

hi,
have you tried a unitarian universalist church. there is a nice one in countryside which isnt too far. they offer wonderful kids programs and the services are non denominational (although depending on the minister can lean towards more christian)
M. silver

N.,
My son and I attend Willow Creek Community Church, he LOVES Promiseland! I love attending worship, and have found a couple of areas to serve in, Guest Hostess and Prayer team.

My son actually cries when we miss church. It doesn't happen often.

Willow Creek's main sight is in South Barrington, but they have other locations. That siad I serve with a lot of people for ELgin and St. Charles area.

Good Luck with your search, I hope you find you match soon!

You can google Willow Creek.

Hi N.,

My family attends Alliance Bible Church in Bartlett. It is a Christian and Missionary Alliance church, which I had not heard of until we started attending. But my husband, kids (ages 5 and 3) and I love it there. This was a great choice for us because of the small, family atmosphere. We were looking for a church that taught from the Bible, was friendly and welcoming, and gave us an opportunity to truly connect with others. I also love their focus on reaching out to the community.

After quitting my job to stay home to raise my daughter, I was struggling with feeling like I belonged somewhere. This church has really become what I consider my extended family. They have been there for me during some especially trying times. My 2 best friends (who I met there) attend there as well.

The website is abcbartlett.org. The site has recently been reworked (by my husband actually) so much of the ministry information has yet to be updated/included, but the information about our church (location, what we believe, etc.) is all there. You can also listen to sermons online or download them to get a feel for our pastor's teaching style. Child care/programming during the sermon is available for infants through grade 6 by the way. If you'd like more information, feel free to contact me or the church!

Hope you find a church that is a good fit for your family!
A.

I also grew up Catholic and my husband is non-practicing Greek Orthodox. I wanted a church we would look forward to attending that would be a middle ground. Not as hard fast ritual as the Catholic church I'm used to, so my husband would also feel like he belonged. We have been going to Westridge (on rte.20, just west of Randall) for 6 weeks now. And throughly enjoy our Sunday mornings. They also have age appropriate daycare/sunday Study for children.
Also, near you is a church my girlfriend really likes and belongs to with her 10 year old daughter. Church of Christ on Randall North of North Ave.
Good luck in your search.

1 / 3