Looking for a Catholic Church 4 Baptism That Doesnt Require Membership..........

My fiance and i attend mass regularly at different chuches, however do not belong to a certain one. The God parents we are choosing also do not belong to a specific church. Are there any in pittsburgh that are lenient and dont require membership for us to baptise our little boy. Need help fast-he's already 9 weeks old! Thank you thank you

They do have very specific requirements for Godparents and want everything documented. That is why it is helpful to be registered members. You might be able to collect documentation of your sacraments and those of your Godparents from the church that they were baptized at. Usually they also want documentation that the Godparents are practicing Catholics. Even if they aren't registered, do they know their priests that they could talk to them and be recognized as members to get a letter?

I am Catholic and i am not sure any church without being a member will do it. they are very strick on that kind of stuff even when i got married i had to redo classes to even get married at mine and i belonged there. I also know my godparents both had to have made all 3 sacraments. know my daughters godfather is not catholic but he did make his sacraments being baptist.I would reg at your local church so that you are at least reg at one. you can still attend any church you which.I do not always attend my own,but i wanted to be reg for my kids so when they started sunday school i didn't have any problems.Good luck lets us know what happens.

I don't know if this may help... Holy Spirit Church in Millvale... helped me out...while living in florida I belonged to a church there..but wanted my family and my husbands family to attend the baptisms of my children. My Mother belonged to holy spirit. but not any of the adults that were part of the ceremony. some churches may just require that a paper be sent from the last church you were attending...even if it was the one from your childhood. If your Catholic you were baptised too..call that church and they should still have paper work on you.... I suggest to call and explain that you are catholic a student in Pittsburgh but need my baby baptized....what can I do..

Since I'm not Catholic I don't have a specific church recommendation but do either of your families belong to a church? If so, perhaps that would be an option. My husband and I lived 5 hours away from family when our kids were born. I had joined a church when I was pregnant with our first child, but we really wanted the baptism to be held closer to our families so they could easily attend. My grandmother's pastor was wonderful and didn't hesitate to help us out.

1 / 3