Long Jeans for a Tall Toddler

My daughter just turned 2. She is very tall (75th percentile) and skinny (25th percentile). I have such a hard time finding pants that fit her. They are usually too big in the waist or too short in the leg. For the last year or so I've been putting her in overalls, which work great. However, now that we are potty training, I want to dress her in something that she can get off and on by herself. Anyone know of any clothing brands that make longer pants?

pumpkin patch makes long skinny jeans expensive but very cute
osh kosh has skinny jeans that were TOO skinny for my skinny girl.
childrens place aren't super skinny but do have adjustable waistbands.

I find that pumpkin patch run much skinnier than gymboree

oops I just noticed that you want something easy to get on and off...I would say skip jeans and pants and go for leggings.

If you can afford it Tea Collection has the most adorable tunics and coordinating leggings.

Target has very cheap leggings that hold up pretty well.

I like to buy the Tea Collection tunics and then buy coordinating leggings from target (it's cheaper that way)

My daughter (she's 5 now) lives in Gymboree leggings because most other pants don't fit well. My mom ends up altering most of her clothing! They tend to be tight enough, so if she's too tall for that size, you may be able to go a size up and they might still fit. I buy most of them at the end of the season for the next year to save money. We also do a lot of Gymboree bike shorts for the summer, but for shorts, I can often just buy other brands a size or two down because length doesn't matter.

I don't like the adjustable waist pants (like Gap) as much because she is so skinny that they bulge a lot when they are adjusted to the smallest size.

Slim jeans work well too, but at the potty training age, I prefer the leggings because they are so much easier to just pull up and pull down.
Sad that Talbots no longer makes a kids line--their slim stuff used to fit my daughter well.

We have a hard time finding pants that fit also. My daughter is in the bottom 5% for weight and 55% for height. She is also 2. The only thing we have found to work is buying jeans that have the adjustable waist. We buy her pants and shorts at Baby Gap. Hope this helps!

go up a size and get slim with an adjustable waist, old navy, childrens place, or gymboree have slim sizes and the waistband in jeans. or how about just leggings, thats the best, plus cheaper and comfy, just go up a size.

IF she is big enough for slims, JC Penney and Old Navy carry slim sizes in little kids pants. Thankfully, both are reasonably priced and often have sales!

I feel your pain- my 2 older boys were the exact same way!

try children's place. I believe the have slims and regular and I know starting at 24 months they have adjustable waistbands (buttons on the inside) for their bottoms. We love their clothes as we have a similar problem - our 16 month old is off the charts for height.

Try putting her in "regular" size 2 or 3, not toddler sizes which are cut to fit over diapers. Also, pants with an adjustable waist are out there (I found some at Target for my granddaughter with a similar build). With my daughters who were slimmer babies and little girls I would also buy or make dresses with sashes to fit the waistline as the little dresses had the same issue and didn't look right on them. Good luck finding things.

My older daughter has always been very tall and skinny, and I buy her jeans at Crazy 8 (same company as Gymboree, but about a quarter of the price!). You can usually get jeans for $9 there. (Pants also)

I usually put my girls in dresses, unless we're going to the playground. During the winter, they wear tights under their dresses, and in the summer they wear the dresses by themselves. Nice and cool, and your daughter can grow taller without the dress looking funny! =)

I have a similar problem with my 5 year old - she's too thin to wear anything but 2-3 where they don't make slims. Slims start around 4-5T sizing - Gap has slim jeans. We settled for leggings - she prefers dresses anyway. However, Gymboree makes pants with adjustable waist bands that may work. Good luck!

1 / 3