Location for Onsie Decorating Baby Shower In/near City of Pittsburgh

I am planning a shower where we will have brunch and then decorate onesies for the mom (second child). I have one place in mind, but I was wondering if anyone can suggest a restaurant or other location where 12 of us could have brunch and then spread out and decorate some onesies. Ideally brunch would be served by the restaurant/venue, but we could do pot luck. I'd like to bring in an iron and maybe a sewing machine, so the location would have to be spacious, private and not too fancy. Any ideas for such a small venue in or near Pittsburgh city limits?

We held the party at Max's Allegheny Tavern in the North Side. Upstairs they have 3 victorian parlour rooms. We took over the rooms and had a great time. The catering was fabulous, reasonably priced, and the service was excellent.

Check out Panera Bread. There are several around the city. I know the one in Oakland and several of the others have separate rooms (party, meeting, whatever you want to call them). They also serve brunch foods.

Anyplace that has a separate room, though, would probably work. It all depends on the type of food you want to serve.

If you want to do pot luck why not check out the nearest firehall or senior center or a church hall or classroom? Have fun & good luck with your search.

Hey Rach -

What a cute idea to decorate onesies.

Have you been to Coca Cafe in Lawrenceville. They have great brunch food. They have a semi private area in the back that could work. Let me know ifyou want their contact info. Or, is that too far away?

Also, thanks for the reminder of Holly's bday and the adorable pics of the kids. Can't remember if i replied to that email.

xo
R

R.,
You could try Trax Farms in Finleyville. They do stuff like showers & birthday parties and are pretty accommodating. Not sure if that's convenient for you but they do a nice job.

what about a Panara Bread that has a seperate room. I know that they do lunches and they may set it up for you. You get a nice size room and they usually have many tables in there. I have been to businesss lunches there and of course the food is always delicious. I know that they have plugs in the room, we have had a tv set up at one meeting. I'm guessing you could do sandwiches and salad or whatever. I don't work there, but I love it there, so I really don't know what you could get, I just know it will be good. Have fun, that sounds really cute!

1 / 3