Liquid Formula vs Powdered

Can anyone tell me if liquid enfamil formula is equally as good in nutrients etc as the powdered version.
I have only used powdered but someone offred me some free liquid. I am expecting twins in sept. so thought if breast feeding does not go great I would use it.

I never noticed a difference myself when I had tried the liquid. From my understanding, the liquid is already premixed and ready to feed. :D

I used liquid in the hospital and for about a month.. then switched to powder enfamil lipli... with my first baby.. then powder only with my second child.. they have the same nutrients.. the liqid is very convienant.. the podwer was way cheaper :)

My understanding is that they are the same - but the liquid is much more expensive...

Liquid is better for when they're very young because liquid formula is sterile & the powder is not....just reasearch it....breastmilk is BEST though.....in case my last answer didn't post.....this sums up what I said ;-)

Due to health problems on my part my daughter was formual fed from birth and we used the powdered. The liquid can be convenient on certain occasions but it goes bad too quickly and it harder to transport (expecially for twins). I used Similac, but if I had it to do over again I would use the Kirkland (Costco) brand. It's the same ingredients but WAY cheaper. Liquid is also much more expensive.

Just a side hint I learned, if your babies have gas issues try putting a couple of gas drops directly in the bottle with the forumla (one drop per oz of formula) and shake it all up together. Direct doses of them drops never did anything for her but mixed into the formula, it worked WONDERS. Just a suggestion.

Yes it is. Powdered is just lighter to store and take.

It depends on which brand it is and if it comes in a can or plastic bottle...the Enfamil canned Liquid formula has the HIGHEST CONCENTRATION of BPA...you do not want to feed this to your child.

http://zrecs.blogspot.com/2008/05/z-report-on-bpa-infant-...

I would imagine they are the same, but you probably have to use it all right away once it's open. Since you are concerned with nutrition, I wanted to mention that formula is a distant second to breastmilk. Breastmilk is even more important to twin babies as they are smaller and tend to need more. Nursing twins is difficult and takes patience. Make sure you get in touch with a lactation consultant or at least attend some La Leche meetings to set yourself up for success.

1 / 3