Light-up Shoes

I was wondering if anyone knew if washing light up kid shoes in the washing machine would ruin the lights?

Thank you! You know it is when they have their favorite "something" and for Jackson it is these shoes so I don't want them ruined!

I throw my son's light up shoes in the washer all the time. I just let them air dry so the heat won't melt the lights.

I have washed both of my kids shoes in the washing machine and they still light up!! I air dried them, though.

In my experience, the lights give out after washing. I have had some that went out of one and not the other and one pair had the light continually stay on after washing.

i do my son's all the time and they have come out great!

I have washed ours and put them in the dryer and have never had any problems

It's not a problem. I've done it many times.

Had one stop working and another pair that have been fine. Both have been through repeated washings. So it just depends on the shoe, I guess.

I wash my daughters at least once a week (had them for a year) and the lights only partially work now, but they didnt go out until just recently. I would rather have a clean shoe then working lights. And I will never buy them again b/c of the lights, its like all shoes have to have lights now, grrr...

I have washed my son's and it not effected them but then he's had others that started just working part time after being washed. Sorry this doesn't really give you an answer for sure!

1 / 3