Letter "E" Snack Ideas...

I have to bring a snack for my son's class but it must be a snack that begins with the letter "E" The only thing i can think of are eggs!! ha ha Any ideas? Thanks!

M.,
Good luck with that one! How about English Muffin Pizzas?? Very easy and inexpensive and kids love them! Sauce, eng muffin and mozz cheese!
Here are some more 'e' foods:
Eggs
Eggplant
Eggo
Escargot
English muffin
Enchilada
Eskimo Pie
Empanada
Elbow macaroni
Elephant ears
Etouffee
Egg pie
Christina

Eggo waffles? I think elmo has a juice? does he have a fruit snack too? egg rolls?? lol Sorry that is all I can come up with

What about forming other foods into the letter 'E.' Maybe using peanut butter (or another sticky food...maybe cheese or something) to fuse carrots, celery, melon strips, etc. Or really, any food that can be molded or 'cut' into the letter E...is might be easier since the capitol is made of completely straight lines. Good Luck!

English muffins
Egg rolls
Elephant animal crackers
Eclairs
Enchiliadas
Egg salad

K. B
mom to 5 including triplets

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HarrisburgPAChat
Chat and events, within 2 hour radius

Edible Jewelry

Use cereal with holes (Froot Loops, Cheerios,etc.), gummies with holes, pretzels and licorice "whips" to string up to make an edible necklace or bracelet. Be sure to attach one piece of cereal or pretzel to the end so the others don't slide off while they are being strung up.

M.,
Here are some more 'e' foods:
Eggs
Eggplant
Eggo
Escargot
English muffin
Enchilada
Eskimo Pie
Empanada
Elbow macaroni
Elephant ears
Etouffee
Egg pie
Christina

eclairs, english muffins,

sorry but all i could think of were English muffins or Eggo's

that's the only one i can think of too. you could always make some cookies and tell them they are "easy chocolate chip cookies"...lol! good luck!

Eggplant, elbow macaroni. What about breadsticks shaped like the letter "e" (could make them out of Pillsbury dough)?

I was going to say eng muffin pizzas too, then thought about eggos waffles with straw crm cheese spread.....Make a snack mix and call it"Exciting mix"

That's a tough one. How about animal crackers, pointing out the elephants?

Shelled Edamame (soybeans)... Maybe elephant shaped cookies...hmm thats a tough one! Good luck!

does it have to start with the letter E or can it be in the shape of the Letter E? something to think about/ask about

also - though not the healthiest (but you could probably find a healthier recipe) ECLAIRS - and actuallky you could even make them into E's in shape too!

S. w

Hi M.!

I had the same snack letter last year in preschool. My daughter brought in Elephant Ears. They are cinnamon swirl cookies. I have attached the recipe.

ELEPHANT EARS

1/4 c. butter
1 c. Gold Medal all purpose flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. milk
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Sugar

1. Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Grease a cookie sheet with shortening.

3. Heat butter until melted; set aside. Stir flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in milk and 3 tablespoons of the melted butter until dough forms.

4. Sprinkle a surface lightly with flour; turn dough onto surface. Knead 10 times. Roll dough with a rolling pin or pat with hands into a rectangle, 9"x5". Brush with remaining melted butter, using a pastry brush; sprinkle with mixture of 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.

5. Roll dough up tightly, beginning at narrow end. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. Cut into 4 equal pieces with sharp knife. Place cut sides up on cookie sheet; pat each into a 6" circle. Sprinkle with more sugar.

6. Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately remove from cookie sheet with a spatula. Let cool on wire rack. Makes 4 elephant ears.

Here are some E ideas...edamame (soy beans), eclairs, Eggo waffles (maybe buy the mini ones and put jelly or another filling in between 2 to make little sandwiches), Eskimo pies, Empanadas, elbow macaroni, egg rolls or english muffins!

What about English Muffins? It's the only thing I could think of that might be kid friendly that starts with an "E". Good luck!

My friend at work was eating edamame yesterday, which caught my attention mostly because it was in a little package with spongebob and patrick on it. This might be an easy solution, since they were already prepackaged! good luck!

What about using other ingredients to make a creative snack that starts with an E or using a cookie cutter to make E shaped cookies?

Other ideas... English muffins, Ego Waffles, "everything" (make a snack mix with a bunch of different favorite snacks), everything bagels cut into quarters for munchkin sized servings, elbow macaroni, egg rolls

I don;t know how much time you have but I have an elephant cookie cutter. E is a tough one! Good luck!

I went to Allrecipes.com and went to the dessert recipes and sorted them by the alphabet. Once you got past the "easy" recipes, their were quite a few ideas. Elephant ears, eggnog cookies, Eskimo cookies, etc. I would check there. I think you could find any kind of snack you wanted. Good luck.

A.

hard boiled sliced in half on a serving dish.

my children love hard boiled eggs.

M.,
Try this website for some great ideas. Chicken Enchiladas would be a good idea for the kids. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mild-Cheesy-Chicken-Enchilad...
Good Luck, A.

Elbow macaroni, Eclairs, Eskimo pies, english muffin, empenada, egg rolls
Not sure if you want a dessert. If not you could use an english muffin to make pizza or dessert pizza or make an empenada (turnover)with almost anything inside.

Sugar cookies made into the letter E? You really did get a difficult one...lol!

What about the El fudge cookies.

I say make whatever you want and then re-name it something like..."Edwin's extremely excellent exclusive cupcakes."

How about those little "eggo" waffles? Elephant animal cracker cookies or english muffins? Is there a cereal that begins with "E"? That is definately a challenging letter.
That is all I can think of .... sorry!

You could get eggo waffles and cut them into different shapes for the kids to try. Serve them with jelly or jam, not as much mess as syrup.
Or you could get a cookie cutter of an elephant and make sugar cookies. Good luck and enjoy doing this there only little once.

my son loves edamame...he loves saying it and he loves shelling them. they can be prepped at home and taken to school to be enjoyed cold! They sell them in bulk at Sam's and they're really easy to make.

I also saw on Rachel Ray last week that she did a recipe for "bloody ears" for Halloween (cookie with jelly)...you might go to her website for that recipe...let us know what you decide to do and how the kids like it!

little snacks (raisins, fruit sancks, etc. in Easter Eggs. Egg salad on crackers, deviled Eggs, Egg Sailboats: Peel the eggs and rinse. Cut it in half. Place a toothpick into each half egg. Place raisins, marshmallows, etc. on the toothpick., sandwhich or rice krispie treats in teh shape of E's, Elmo crackers-sold at Babies R US, or an Eggo waffle

What about elephant ears? They are a liquid dough that you fry and cover with powdered sugar, They sell the mix in a lot of grocery stores,and very popular a carnival and fairs.

entemains dohnuts, cookies, brownies....

Okay, I thought of "eggrolls", "Entemann's baked items"? and "energy bars". Good luck!
D. B

How about Eclairs? you can get the frozen mini-eclairs at Sam's Club or BJs, defrost them...YUM!! Kids will love them for sure!

Or elephant ears? I don't know if you can buy those anywhere except at a fair tho LOL.

How about Elmo something?

M., The only thing I can think of is elephant ears cookies, or like you said eggs kids like devil eggs.

Eggos are a favortie of my kids.

Elbow macaroni, deviled eggs, elephant ear sweet rolls, Eggos, eclairs, edamame (soy beans), egg nog.....???? Tough one!