Leftover Shredded Chicken Recipes

I took the advice of one of the mamas on here and had a make your own salad bar last night with taco salad fixings, including shredded chicken (btw, great idea, kids loved it!).

Only problem is now I have a bunch of leftover shredded chicken and I'm drawing a complete blank on what to make with it.

So what can I make with it for dinner tonight? Preferably not mexican since we had mexican last night.

Thanks all!

Waldorf chicken salad. Chicken, grape halves, walnuts/candied walnuts, thin apple slices, blue cheese, a bit of blue cheese dressing to hold it all together. Big slab of crusty baguette. Spread. Eat. YUM!

Chicken salad :) Mayo, finely chopped onion and celery and salt/pepper. You can put it on cresents..it is really yummy!! (tiny mild pepper rings in the sandwich is amazing...lol!)

Funny you asked this. Here I am sitting and eating a chicken salad sandwich I just made from leftovers!! It is really good...maybe you can try it?
I mix up the leftover chicken with mayo [has to be mayo, not miracle whip] and a little bit of dijon mustard to taste, and some really fine minced onion and salt and pepper. Toast some bread, and spread it on! Yum.
Otherwise, you could make a Caesar salad and put it on that.
Make your own copy of KFC's famous bowl...chicken, mashed potato, gravy, corn, cheese? I've never had one, but I think that's what is in it.

Super yummy and easy: make barbecue chicken pizza! I use a pizza crust from the biscuits/rolls refrigerated section (I think it's Pillsbury), use barbecue sauce instead of marinara sauce, any shredded cheese you have on hand, plus the chicken. (Mixing a little more BBQ sauce with the chicken is a good tip.) Sometimes I add caramelized onions, sometimes I go without. It all bakes in about 10-15 minutes! My 4 year old and my hubby love it!! :)

Check out this website www.samthecookingguy.com

He has tons of great easy recipes, from chicken enchiladas, chicken soup, tortilla soup, and many others that call for shredded chicken (and I have never had a bad recipe form him)

Toss it in a store bought Asian sauce (a light one) and serve with veggies over homemade ramen: take ramen noodles and throw out the flavor packet. Cook according to the package, and drain. Then toss with a little bit of veg oil, sesame oil and soy sauce (go light on the soy sauce - it doesn't take very much). So easy, so cheap, and so yummy. My kids love eating "squiggly noodles."

Add BBQ sauce and make a pulled chicken sandwiches with homemade onion rings. Chicken salad is always good. I was also going to say enchiladas. A favorite that we do with left over turkey at thanksgiving is a baked sandwich. Saute up onions and celery add a can of campbells cheddar cheese soup and the chicken. A little salt and pepper. Get hoggie rolls, slice in half and pull out the middle of the bread ( create a hole on both sides of bread, you'll restuff later) add the breAd to chicken cheese mixture. Stuff rolls, wrap in foil. Bake 350 for 30 min. Yum!!!

Chicken and Mashed potato pie.

Boil Chicken broth with some flour making a gravy, mix in chicken and frozen vegatables.
Put in a cassarole or similar dish, cover mixture evenly with mashed potatoes.
Bake 350 for 20-30 min
Serve with biscuts
Yum!

Or......

Chicken BBQ pizza

Mix chicken with favorite BBQ sauce, cut red onion into thin slices,

add to rolled out pizza dough or pre-baked crust.

Top with shredded cheddar.

Look online for cooking times - depends on method and materials being used.

Use it with your sauce of choice for a nice pasta.

I often make a chicken sauté or stir fry with my leftover shredded chicken (like from a rotisserie chicken). Depending on how much chicken I have, I put in 1-2 tablespoons of butter and 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet and let the butter melt. I then add either some fresh or canned mushrooms that have been drained (again amount depends on how much chicken I have). I sauté the mushrooms until they cook down a bit and some of the moisture is cooked out, then I add some sliced or chopped onions, preferably sweet. I sauté until those start to turn opaque, and then add some Worcestershire. I just shake the bottle a few times so I don't know the measurement - maybe 1 or 2 tablespoons (???). I stir those up a bit and add in my chicken and sprinkle with Lawry's seasoned salt and some fresh ground pepper. If it's just me or just me and my husband eating it, I usually add some red pepper flakes too to spice it up a bit, but if the kids are eating, I just do that on my individual plate so it's not too spicy for them. I sauté that all together until the chicken is hot and serve in bowls on nights when I want a low carb meal. I have served it with chicken flavored ramen noodles or even garlic whole wheat noodles (cooked whole wheat angel hair sautéed with butter, olive oil, garlic, dried basil, parsley flakes and parmesan cheese) as a side for my kids 'cause they like carbs. LOL I have also added a 6 oz. bag of fresh baby spinach leaves at the same time as the chicken or some sugar snap peas too when I want some more veggies. You can add more butter &/or olive oil during cooking in any of the phases if you feel like the mix is getting too dry. You can also use chicken broth to moisten it up a little if you don't want more fat.

Hope that helps. Bon Appetit!

Blessings,
N.

1 / 3