Leftover Coleslaw Mix

I bought a bag of the cabbage mix for coleslaw the other day. We used what we needed to for coleslaw (it was for pork tacos - YUMMY :) But now I have over 1/2 a bag of the mix left (no dressing on it). Does anyone have any ideas what to do with it ? I hate to toss it !

Thanks !

my mom uses the mix to make a crab salad. It is so yummy. If you would like the I can give you the recipe.

Use it to make a stir fry or make egg rolls!

I buy sweet and sour cole slaw from Meijer and toss it into a bowl with a couple of cans of tuna, pasta, greek olives and feta cheese. (Sometimes I add a touch of olive oil, salt and lemon, too.) My husband and I love it!

Since you don't have any dressing mix into the cole slaw already, add some olive oil or salad dressing if you have some such as poppey seed or light Kraft Asian dressing (love it!)

Mix it in with some other salad mix and just eat it
Iike any salad....or make coleslaw and top a burger or hot dog with it. Yummo!

Sautee with olive oil!!! It taste like chinese cabbage used in egg rolls :)

I buy whole cabbages and use them to make cole slaw and sauteed cabbage. Cook until tender crisp and then add some salt and pepper if desired.
It would also be good mixed with lettuce and veggies and served up as salad.

Add dressing and make pulled pork sandwiches.

You can crock pot a pork roast or tenderloin with bbq sauce until it's tender and falling apart.
Put the pork on good rolls and add the cole slaw on top.
It's amazing.

My daughter took me to dinner for my birthday and my son ordered a pulled pork sandwich. I asked for a bite and it was SO good.
We have made our own version at home. Something about the bbq pork and cole slaw on bread....very tastey!

make greek coleslaw...

use olive oil and vinegar (or one of those viniagrette spritzers)
put salt and pepper on it, feta cheese, and greek olives. It's very good this way and pretty healthy.

Add ranch dressing and mayo and make more cole slaw that is healthier than the store bought.

1 / 3