Least and Most Fertile Days?

I was trying to find some info about this on the web but couldn't find what I was looking for. I think your most fertile days are two weeks before or after your period. I should be starting my period today or tomorrow. I think some of my husband's "you know what" got inside of me tonight so I wanted to know if this is a fertile time for me? When are you the least fertile? Thanks in advance!!

I am not an expert or anything but I think most women ovulate about 14 days after you end a cycle. That is if you are on a 28 or so day cycle. So around day 14 and the fews days in front or behind.

A.

I did lots of research on this when I was trying to get pg, just because I wanted to minimize the time it took. It varies a little for everyone, but Taking Charge of Your Fertility was a wonderful book just for general education about your body, cycles, etc., and especially in the event that you start feeling as if your attempts each month are unsuccessful. Your best chances of conception depend on how long your personal cycles are. Your cycle length determines when to look for signs with your cervical fluids and other main signs. If you have a typical textbook 28 day cycle each and every month, then 14 days after the first day of your period is a good rule of thumb in general. But I would guess that the day of or before your period is not your most fertile of days (for anyone). That book was highly interesting for lots of factors other than 'infertility'. I suggest it for every female (older teens or at least early twenties) so she'll know her body for the rest of her life. Good luck!

Hey there... go to www.ovulation-calendar.net this will set out your days plain and simple. It is a very helpful tool if you are trying to conceive or trying to avoid becoming pregnant! Hope this helps

You have gotten some great advice. My best book while trying to get pregnant (which a friend has now) was something like How to get pregnant naturally in 6 months. I don't think this is your goal just yet...well maybe :) but, it gives such great info and easy to read.

Blessings,
Amanda

If you are due to start today or tomorrow then you are past your fertile time. Goto www.parenting.com and click on fertility. Then click on fertility calculator. Type in the date of your last period and how many days in your cycle. It will give you your most fertile days and possible due date if you conceive at that time. It is not an exact sciencd though so the dates could be off a little but it will give you an idea. Your most fertile time is about 2 weeks after your last period (which should be the same as about 2 weeks before your next period.) Good luck.

It is usually 11 to 14 days out from the beginning of your period. So, the day you start your period is day 1 then go to day 11 through 14 should be your fertile time. It also depends on how long your regular cycles are. It helps to get an ovulation kit tester. Then you will figure out your fertile days by urinating on the sticks.

Ovulation kits are not a good way if you are trying to avoid pregnancy...they only tell you when you are about to ovulate about a day before if that. Sperm can survive for up to 5 days in a woman. You should check out Taking Charge of your Fertility.

try www.fertilityfriend.com. & www.cafemom.com. Especially if your are trying to concieve. They are both very informational and both have calendars to help you plan a pregnancy. These calendars are based on the information you enter in, but they aren't always 100% accurate. Good luck!

Hi L.

You are right you are most fertile 2 wks prior to your next period. Good luck.

1 / 3