Leap Pad or a Tablet?

I got a tablet on sale for $75 on black friday (its only 4gb), but i'm still torn on if I should return it and J. get the leap pad. I like the educational reading games and other games the leap pad has that seem to be way better than the adroid apps and games, but I like that the tablet can dl tons of free games and also put music on it. What are your thoughts for a 5 year old. she loves my phone with all of the math apps I downloaded but Im torn because it looks like the leappad has awesome interactive reading games, but I dont want to spend a ton on games and books either.
Thoughts? I got the 15 dollar warrant with the tablet so it being breakable isnt an issue.

I would stick with the tablet. IMO the leap pad will be out grown in a year or two. Especially if siblings or friends are seen with an ipod touch or a tablet. The tablet would have more longevity.

My son got the Leap Pad for his 3rd bday and LOVES it, but I would say for a 5 year old, I would stick with the tablet too. Plus, its cheaper and the Leap Pad games arent cheap unless you know how to find a deal.

Clark Howard from CNN says buying extended warranties are a waste of money. FYI

I'd keep the tablet and also get the Leap Pad. For a 5 year old, you want to stick with strictly learning things. The tablet can come in handy for other things.

K. B
mom to 5 including triplets

I like the tablet idea better because of all the free downloads. That means less money spent on cartridges and less cartidges to lose. Now I'm torn between Innovo tablet vs leap pad. Innovo is $20 cheaper and has better reviews. Leap Pad has more apps and the display is bigger, but the reviews say it is a more difficult to set up and use.

1 / 3