Leaking Breasts During Pregnancy

My daughter is concerned because her baby is not due till November and she is already having leakage from her breasts.... I didn't have leakage till I was in my last month, so don't know if having it this early is normal or not. Her breasts did increase in size a lot more than mine and a lot sooner.

I am due in November also - and leaked VERY early on .... at about 16 weeks. My Doctor said that wasn't a problem. She should be ok.

Mine leaked for about 3 or 4 months before I gave birth... and I now have a beautiful and perfect 6 week old little girl. So I doubt there's anything to work about... congrats on being a grandma!

I think I started leaking the moment we conceived! I leaked for months after she was born and I only breastfeed for a few weeks. My doctor and his nurse always said it was ok - every body reacts differently. They did say as long as it was not mucus or blood I was fine. Have her to call her dr for piece of mind but tell her to take a deep breath and buy some good disposable breast shields.

completely normal that happened to me when i was about 5 months pregnant with both my children the doctor said it was normal and not to worry.

during my 2nd pregnancy, my breasts started leaking at about 5 months along, so i wouldn't worry about it! (my baby was born 3 days after her due date!)

It is perfectly normal. My understanding is that you will generally see it earlier (and more abundant) in subsequent pregnancies, but I had milky discharge just a few months into my first pregnansy.

It is normal!!! during my 1st pregnancy I started leaking around 6 or 7 months. this time i have started leaking at 6 months.

I breastfed for four months only. That was 8 months ago. Believe it or not, I was leaking a little about 3 weeks ago after 8 months! Very normal, don't be suprized to see leakage afterwards. It is different for all.

I got this early, too. I took a warm bath and it started up. I don't know if it is due to the amount of breast swelling or not, but I swelled early on and very largely like you described. My Dr. had said that it is normal and that me taking the warm bath probably triggered it. It can happen at any time but is most likely to happen when warmest. It shouldn't be constant and is not harmful. She can buy the breast pads for leakage and start wearing them now. I was a little over 5 months myself, so I don't think the timing is an issue either. Good luck!

I have a 9month old I am still breastfeeding and I had this same issue during pregnancy. Probably from 25 weeks or so on. I would just take off my bra at the end of a work day and notice a couple of quarter sized spots on the bra where I had leaked. Tell her not to worry about it. Her body is just gearing up for that baby!

I started leaking at 3 months while pregnant. Some people just do that...and I think I will be doing it again this go round with #2.

She's probably having a girl! lol. too much estrogen. :-)

that is totally normal. With my first pregnancy I had that at around 24 weeks and then on and off until the end- with my current pregnancy I am just not starting to experience that and I am 35 weeks! It just depends- but no worries it is normal!

Yup - normal - everyone covered this request already but I had to write you since I also was leaking around this time when my due date was November back in 2006...so tell her it's great!!!! She will save lots of money on that formula! :) I breastfed for 18 months with no problem...baby had no problem latching on (althought weaning was a bit hard and that's why I breastfed for so long, haha!) - but tell her not to give up when the baby comes!!! Good luck with all!!!!

My breasts started increasing in size before I even knew I was pregnant! And I leaked - not excessively, but I leaked - from about four months onwards. I certainly wouldn't worry about it.

I just had my baby back in April and I started leaking colostrum (sp?) at 5 months. It wasn't a large amount but there were times I would look at my nipples and see little drops coming out. I asked my OB and she wasn't concerned. She just called me "elsie". :)

O.

Yep, totally normal! Different for everyone, but normal!

My daughter was just the same as yours during her pregnancy and I was also surprised as I had no leakage at all from my breasts during any of my six pregnancies.
She'll have to start wearing breast pads in her bra!
My daughter went on to breast feed for over a year and still is - never had a problem with milk supply.
It will probably be the same with your daughter...
Congratulations!

Im worried, imdue this january 24, 2012,and until now my breast not leaking..does it mean I dont have milk to breastfeed my baby? I really want to breastfeed coz its healthy for both of us.