Laundry Stains - New Port Richey, FL

I know this is silly but I really dislike stain on me and my familys clothing. So when I can't get a stain out I throw the item away. Really tired of that. There are a few things I have been able to get out. If any one has any secrects to share please let me know. Chocolate brand new shirt I wore it once,apple I didn't even know that stained,ink my husband lovessss to leave his pen in his shirt pockets. If there are any other hard to remove stain that you have a trick on removeing please let me know. Most of the time these are set in stains not fresh ones.

Thankyou so much for all the ideas. Some I have tried some I hadn't. I am still working on the chocalate stain but it is getting there. I have some old shirts with ink stain I am going to run some test on it. I'll let you know my results. Thankyou again

Ink - milk, hairspray or rubbing alcohol..then wash.
Food stains - clean spot with dish detergent (I use Dawn) - rub well; don't rinse; wash. If done properly, this gets out every type of food stain. Must do it before item is washed.
Oxyclean does work for soaking stains out but what I've found works better & doesn't fade clothes is Arm n Hammer Super Washing Suds (in a yellow box).
For poop stains, drying the item in direct sunlight will make the stain disappear.
Good Luck.

try La totally awesome you can get it at the dollar store it's non toxic and has no oder it works great it took blood out of a pair of pajama pants i wore in the hospital after having my son the stain had set for almost a week and a half before i had a chance to get to i hope this helps

Just a couple of ideas... I use the bleah pens on whites (they are better on clothes than regular bleach and they are for spots not all over) and also depending on the stain and the fabric you can try rubbing alcohol. Its a long story but I have a ton of evening gowns and needless to say they don't always look as great at the end of the night as they do at the beginning. I have only had one dress that rubbing alcohol didn't work on... its some weird black scuff.... other than that it's gotten everything out! (even cherry jello! welcome to the world of motherhood lol) just a couple ideas. I do the same thing as you, either throw them away or they become play clothes for the back yard (but no where in public lol) Good Luck!

Hello A.

On my baby's clothes I use Dreft Stain Remover right away. You have to react fast. You will be take any stain out while the stain is still wet. Here are some additional great tips;

Combination Solvents
(Shout, Spray 'n Wash)
All-purpose stain removers, particularly good on greasy stains.

Oil Solvents
(K2r, Afta)
Also called dry-cleaning fluid, these remove oily, greasy stains. Safe on nonwashables. Use only on dry fabric, in a well-ventilated area. Air clothes after using.

Digestants
(Biz, Era Plus, Wisk)
Also called enzyme cleaners, these detergents contain enzymes that "eat" protein stains, like grass, blood, and egg yolk. Apply directly to damp fabric, or dilute in water, and then soak clothes. Use cold water when treating blood stains. Wool and silk are proteins, so digestants should never be used on these fibers.

Absorbants
(cornstarch, talcum powder)
Sprinkle on fresh grease stains, wait about ten to fifteen minutes, then scrape off. Then you can treat the stain.

Detergents
A mild, clear liquid dishwashing detergent is an effective all-purpose cleaner. Apply it straight, wait five minutes, then flush or dab with water.

Bleaches
Remove the color left behind by stains with mild bleaches, like lemon juice; white vinegar (mixed 1:1 with water); 2 or 3 percent hydrogen peroxide; or ammonia (2 parts water to 1 part ammonia; do not use on wool or silk). Use a cotton swab to dab the bleach, or place paper towels under the fabric, and use an eyedropper to flush the area with the proper bleach. Chlorine bleach, diluted with water, is a last resort.

Denatured Alcohol
Effective at breaking down some stains and evaporates without leaving a residue.

Mineral Spirits
For greasy stains, like tar. Air clothes after using.

Glycerin
Available at drugstores, it is particularly good for ballpoint ink.

I used to swear by Greased Lightning! It even got out breast milk AND formula stains and every stain I ever tried...some even set in by heat! Now I'm using "prespot". It got CHOCOLATE out of my daughter's white and orange striped shirt! You can purchase this through Freedom United, which is a non-profit organization partnered up with a wellness company that has been around for 23 years and in the Inc. 500 magazine 5 times!! Request more info. at www.freedomunitedteam.com/KS2090. Thanks! And, good luck!

Do you how many clothes I'VE throw out too!!!! The I figured, its already missed up, so why not try to get it out. If it doesn't work, what have I lost and if it does.....I don't have to throw out my brand new whatever.

First if it just happens the Tide To Go stick really works!!!

I found that soaking the area (or item) in OxyClean can work for some stains. Grease- just stray the item with your grease cleaner (yes, the cleaner around the house) then throw it in the wash. If the item is white, then I'll soak it in a mixure of bleach- water. And blood comes out with peroxide.

The last thing- if the stain will not come out- restain the item. For me I always have a bottle of brown stain, it just seems to work out when I have on brown to spill.....you guest it......bleach!!! Even when I am so very careful.

Good Luck.

Hairspray will take off paint and ink on clothes!
L. Jacobs

My laundry stain remover of choice is Zout. I've been using it for a couple of years now, and it works better than anything else I've tried. I also love those little Tide pens and always have one handy in my purse. I know when I was younger and I used to get ink stains on my clothes all the time, I used hairspray on the stain (before it was washed or dried). When I have a really dirty load of clothes, I put a little amonia in the wash and I do a double rinse. I've heard that Fels Naptha, a laundry bar soap, is good to use on stains. You just wet it and rub the bar right on the stain. It's pretty inexpensive too - I think it's only about $1 per bar. I've also heard of people using Dawn dish detergent to get stains out of clothes.

Hope some of these tips help you out and save a few of your clothes.

Hi A..

I was desperate to get a stain out of my son's clothing one time...my favorite outfit of his. I use Woolite carpet cleaner on my carpets and it is great to get tough stains out. I thought, what the heck. I tried it and there was no more stain. I have used it numerous times on stains I was never able to get out...even old ones. I just spray the spot and either let it sit or throw it in the washer right away with regular detergent. It is the Woolite Oxy Deep carpet cleaner. Sounds crazy but it works for me :)

1 / 3