Late Period and Then HEAVY Bleeding

So moms, i need some help here. I was about 10 days late on my period and then it came like all of a sudden, usually I am pretty stable on knowing when my period is gonna start. I start getting all the symptoms of it, and i did but no bleeding. So then I started the other day, and my lower back was hurting alot. Since my period started everytime I stand up I have to go to the restroom and sorry to get graphic but I am passing all these huge clots. Whats going on?? Any help is apreciated.
-PS- I have always been a heavy clotter, plus i get cysts.

Hello,
I had this happen to me and found out I had fibroids. I lost so much blood they wanted to do an emergency blood transfusion. I ended up going to an osteopathic doctor in Benbrook who put me on some supplements that stopped my 3 week bleeding within a month bringing it back down to 5 days. My original OBGYN wanted to do a hysterectomy. If you are interested, I can give you the name of the osteopathic doctor. Good luck.

I would go to the Dr with this info. I have cysts too, so you should know that the best thing for us is to get on birth control and stay on it. The pill is the only thing I know of the help with both of those things.

Hello,

You didn't mention your age, it could be a couple things. One would be a miscarriage in the very early stages or two it could be endometrosis. I have had both in the past and you don't want to wait to seek medical advice. I waited and I paid the price. Make an appointment ASAP, and good luck.

Any chance you could've been pregnant? If so, you may have had a miscarriage. You may want to contact your GYN.

A lot of times when that happens it is a very early miscarriage. Any possibility you were pregnant?? You should call your Dr and go in ASAP. It could also be any number of other things, or nothing at all. I would go to the DR just to be safe. Good Luck!

I may be wrong but it sounds like you may be having a miscarriage. You mght have been pregnant and didn't know it, which explains why you were late. This has happened to me. It was very unusual for me to be late, because I'm so regular. And then I had a really heavy period with clots. I don't think it's any thing to worry about in this case. If you think this is not the case listen to your body and your instinct and get it checked out.

You may have miscarried or you may have PCOS. Call your dr for a consultation. GL!

That just happened to me about 2 weeks ago. I took a pregnancy test on the day I missed my period (you could set clocks with my cycle, I'm so regular. So I KNEW I had to be pregnant). It came back positive, which was confirmed with a visit to my OB/GYN the following week. But the very next day, I started to bleed heavily, with large clots.

I had a miscarriage, which sounds like what you may be experiencing.

Go see your doctor right away, since they need to do some tests to make sure everything has successfully "vacated" and that they don't have to do a D&C.

They checked this for me by just doing a simple blood test to check hormone levels...it was very fast and easy---no physical exam needed, in my case.

I hope this helps!

1 / 3