Late Period After Tubaligation

I had a tubaligation done about 5 1/2 months ago when I had my daughter by c-section. I am now almost a week late with my period and I just want to know if anyone else has had any problems after having a tubal? I have also never been late for my period before except when I was pregnant with my kids.

Hi! I had a tubaligation done after my 4th son.
I have been a week late a couple of times and even one time I missed a month and also thought that I may be pregnant. But because of stress at the time I ended up starting about a week later. If it would make you feel any better then I would suggest to go to the dr just to rule out a possiblity of being pregnant.

I had a tubal ligation after my 3rd child and sometimes it is due to stress or a hormone imbalance. It is highly unlikely that you are pregnant, but it is possible. Most of the time, if someone with a tubal ligation gets pregnant, the pregnancy is in the fallopian tubes. I would suggest going to a doctor to rule out that possiblity, because it is a very serious condition. Also, I did have other problems after my tubal ligations, like heavy bleeding and horrible cramps, severe moodiness, etc. However, after meeting my husband (he didn't have any children of his own, but does consider my 3 from a previous marriage his) we decided to expand our family, so I had a tubal reversal. It turned out wonderfully, we now have 2 more children. We do have to worry about birth control again though, which is a downside to a reversal. Good luck!

I had a tubal done after I had my daughter almost 6 monthes ago and have not had a normal period since. In fact I ended up having to have a D&C and abalation due to excessive bleeding for over a month. I was always on time with my periods prior to the tubal as well. You may just want to go get a pregnacy test done just to hopefully help you feel better. The little bit of money spent is sure worth having to stress for a long time.

I had a tubal after my second c-section. After I stopped breast feeding (4mos after), I was late also. It took me about 2 periods to normalize back to the norm. I was also warned by a co-worker who had the same thing that periods are also heavier and she was right. It has been 2 1/2 years and they still are heavier than before. Usually, the 3rd day would be a light one now its the heaviest and having to use more products.

I had my tubal 3 years ago after having my youngest daughter. I have had late periods too. I have also had breakthrough spotting. The tubal has brought all kinds of weird things that other moms who have had tubal have said they experience too. Does it feel like there is a baby kicking in your tummy every once in a while, or have you had excessive cramping and bloating with headaches and backaches when you have your period since you had your tubal. I have and have spoken to a lot of moms who have had these side effects. I think the weirdest one is feeling like there is a baby kicking, though. But now it has been three years and all of those things have gotten milder but at first they were overwhelming. Things will get back to normal, just give it a little time. Until then i know how you feel!

I had a tubal about 2 1/2 yrs ago. I have maybe had my period 6 times. I'm not coplaining because who really wants a period. But I know how frustrating it can be wondering if you're pregnant or not. Infact I have no period right now and it's been about 10 months. So as long as your doctor did it right you should be fine.

I had a tubaligation and also was caturized during the process. Now I am always a week early and my cramps are terrible they literally feel like I am in labor with one of my kids again. To me it is natural but also remember there is still that chance like 500:1 that you can still become pregnant. So just take some precautions.

I had my tubal done 2 years ago. My period has its tendancies to be late. Do not worry. It's your body's way of trying to concieve, but can't. Give it a little bit of time before you go to the doctor. If it gets to be 3 weeks, then I would go see the doctor. Keep your chin up!

1 / 3