Large Training Potty or Tips for Potty Training Large Toddler

My son is almost 2 1/2 and is a big boy to begin with. He's 37 lbs. and over 3 ft. tall. He's finally regularly willing to sit on the potty every time we change his diaper. He is too big to realistically go to the bathroom on the training potty we have (I fear the result when he actually decides to pee when sitting on it!!!). I bought the small seat that sits on the big toilet, but he is afraid of sitting on the regular toilet, and that seems to set him back more when I push him to the big toilet. Do they make oversized training potties? Any advice on training large toddlers? Some of my issues might also be my first time to potty train a boy.

Thanks in advance!

I second the advice of the Baby Bjorn potty! We have just finished potty training my almost 3 year old son, and it was excellent! The best thing about this seat is that there is a large shield that prevents "spraying". I bought ours at Babies R Us. Good luck!

He is good to be potty training at 2 & 1/5. I would try to find out what about the big potty he has the problem with and address that specifically.

My friend's daughter is large for her size...she's in the 40 pound range and is 3 yrs old. She trained her on a BabyBjorn Potty. Make sure you don't order the small potty. Their normal size is the only one that worked for her daughters size. They come in many colors and can be purchased at Babies R Us and online as well. Hope this helps! It is $27.99 on Babies R Us website.

There are not many things quite as frustration as potty training! I would just keep him in diapers until he is ready to go on the big potty himself. You'll find that you can try, try and try, but in the end, kids are potty trained on their own terms in their own timing. :o)

1 / 3