Lands End vs Llbean vs Pottery Barn Backpacks for Kids, Which One Is the Best?

I need to get a new backpack for my daughter and instead of just buying one from target again, I though I would initially spend more to get one that is of better quality and that will last for years. In your opinion, which brand is the best in quality and lasts the longest and why? Thank you!

LL Bean. While I can't speak for Land's End backpacks in particular, I feel that in general, the quality of LL Bean products is better.

Pottery Barn is sort of a weird thing for me, they're probably fine, but it seems like you'd pay more and you wouldn't get the quality of service you get with LL Bean.

I have an LL Bean backpack, LOVE it.

LL Bean.
And it is warrantied for life. If it breaks or anything, you send it back and they send you a new replacement.

My daughter, had her LL Bean monogrammed wheelie backpack since she was in Kindergarten. She is in 5th grade now, and it is still good as new. And because we got her a print that would grow with her, it does not look too little kiddie looking.
And my son, has had his since Kindergarten, a monogrammed wheelie backpack, and he is in 1st grade now, and it is good as new. Even if he is a typical rough not gently, little boy.

Lands End and LL Bean are both good, as is Jansport. I wouldn't recommend Pottery Barn, I find their kids' stuff to be overpriced and not the best quality.

I know this isn't one of your choices, but we've used JanSport backpacks for years. They have a lifetime warranty and their customer service is amazing. My stepdad has had the same one for 20 years. I have one that's still in great shape from college. My oldest got his first last year and it looks new (he's so hard on packs).

So there's another option. :-)

I have an LL Bean backpack, LOVE it.

I know it's not one of the brands you asked about, but my daughter has had her Jansport for almost 3 years now. It still looks brand new.

LL Bean hands down. Anything happens to it, replaced no questions asked.

We have had both. The Land's End bag held up really well. My daughter had it from kindergarten through 2nd grade, and honestly the only reason I got her a new one was that we had picked a really pale blue color, and it was nasty and stained after several years of use. Otherwise, it was in great shape. We still use it for outings where we might get grubby (zoo, etc).

I got Pottery Barn Kids ones this time (for my daughter and then my son who started school this year) because they had really cute patterns and I thought the bag would stay cleaner looking if the pattern on it was busy. Also, my son was really into sharks, and they had a shark pattern for the backpack, lunchbox, etc. So far they have been great. They are nice and durable, and have stayed pretty clean looking. My only complaint at all is that one of the buckles on the front of my son's backpack keeps sliding off the strap. It isn't a strap that is particularly functional--we use it to hold his jacket on when he isn't wearing it, and doesn't want to carry it. So it isn't a big deal--it isn't a strap that is necessary to the function of the backpack itself.

If you are also looking at lunch boxes, I definitely like Pottery Barn Kids' better. They have that solid molded interior (which Land's End used to have) and it is much easier to keep clean than most other lunch boxes.

Also, if you call Pottery Barn Kids, and ask them for last year's colors, then you can get some awesome deals. I got my daughter's backpack for $9.99!

P.S. FOrgot to add that I had an LL Bean backpack all through highschool, took it with me to college, and when the zipper broke, I called LL Bean and they replaced it! But that was in the 90's. Not sure if the quality is the same now.

LL Bean.

We always went with LL Bean because they had a guarantee on them. One time the zippers broke and they replaced them for free (maybe even shipping too) and they lasted for like 10+ years. No experience with Pottery Barn.

1 / 3