Lands End Swimwear

I am very excited about buying a cute swimming costume from Lands End. I need your advice if you have any experience with their swimwear. I am curvy with a big bust, and size 12-14. I would really like to buy a cute swim mini or bottoms with a little ruffly skirt. How do these look on not-so-skinny (ie larger ladies like me), and can you recommend a swimwear tankini top from Lands End that is good for big boobs? I like to swim for exercise so I was also thinking about the one-piece Grecian swimsuit. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

THAnk you all so much for responding to my frivolous question! For some reason I am irrationally excited about getting a new swimsuit or two! I have checked out Torrid- thank you! But for the time being, I think I will order a ruffly mini swim mini skirt and a tankini from lands end. I have read the reviews on their site, and am confident to go ahead. I am also prepared to take it back if it's no good. Big boobs are so difficult to accommodate in lovely clothes! FYI, check out Bravissimo - beautiful bras etc for big boobs. It's a UK site from which I've purchased before. You need a size converter before you buy though!

I just spent the last hour on the landsend website looking at swim wear, then logged on and saw your question. I have 4 suits from there, and I LOVE each of them I am a 38DD, and I purchase the tankini tops that have the DD cup rather than the soft bra. Makes all the difference, and they're so flattering. My personal preference is vneck, with the straps that cross in the back.

As for the skirts, I stay far away from them. They only make me look shorter, so I opt for the high wasted bottoms, and this year they have a new really high bottom that slims beautifully.

Being bigger myself I strongly urge you to buy something you can try on first. I have gotten suits that looked so cute, but just did not give me the support I needed for my bust, or that cut in a little creating a pooch on my belly, ect.

I think you will be gorgeous!

i love lands end stuff, great quality. i love some of their swimsuits, and i hate some of them, some of them squish everything in so much i am left looking like a sausage with no shape, they just squish my curves into a tube. like spanx. i would go and try them on. or order a bunch of them expecting to return most of them. they often have free shipping and you can return to most sears.... i saw those little ruffly skirts, they look so cute, im a swim shorts kind of person, but i am considering trying one of those skirts, they look like they are nice and snug but forgiving....

I HIGHLY recommend Torrid's swim collection for curvy cute suits. Plus you get to see what they look like. As a 12/14 you'd be a size 0 or size 1

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/Clothing/Swim.jsp#

Love Land's End suits. Narrow your search to tops with an underwire bra. And Lands End runs a wee bit large, so if you're on the fence, go with the smaller size.

I have a two piece tankini from Lands' End. I LOVE it. It's got a lingerie strap top with a built in underwire (that's keeps the girls in check), the top skims down over the bottom, no visible skin, but when you're lying in the sun, you can pull it up. The bottom is a very short skirty thing, with a wide waistband that doesn't roll and isn;t too tight, so no muffin top. I feel completely comfortable in it which is a rare and wonderful thing. Wish I'd bought 5 of them to last me the rest of my life. I am a 10/12 on the bottom, and a D Cup on top.

(I bought it at Sears, not on line or catalog, had to SEE the thing first, you know? Gonna spend $100 or more, better make sure it's RIGHT!)

:)

1 / 3