Ladies Day

My church is hosting a Ladies Day with a theme of "friendship." I have been asked to decorate a table for the brunch afterwards with something that reminds me of friendship. I have a few ideas but would love some more suggestions, as I may have to decorate a couple of more due to lack of participation. Thanks so much!

Maybe you could put vases in the middle of the tables with silk yellow roses (yellow=friendship, I think). Then, maybe strings of friendship beads could weave around the vases?

OH! It's not a decorative thing, but have you ever heard of the Amish Friendship Bread? It's great! It would probably be fun for something like this... (I don't have a recipe for a starter batch, but I imagine you could find one online somewhere...)

Tie colorful ribbons on small clear glass containers and fill them with Hershey Kisses.

Randomly on the table place white paper doilies with small vases of daisys.... you can get really bright colored daisies at Food City.

Framed Friendship Poems on the table would be good too... along with pictures of friends... might invite people to bring a framed photo of them with their best friend(s) for a special Friendship table.

Don't know if this'll help, but I googled "friendship symbols" and this was one of the links - http://www.ancient-symbols.com/friendship-symbols.html

A teapot and two teacups on doilies. A doll and a teddy bear on a gingham napkin with a picnic basket. Lemonade cans on strings for everyone at the table. A hopscotch pattern on a blackboard with sidewalk chalk. Cootie catchers. Rock, paper scissors hidden in a floral arrangement. Have fun!

That sounds like fun! If I were to attend, I'd expect to see pretty and vibrant floral arrangements, perhaps some really good chocolates sprinkled around the table and if possible, real linens--not paper table covers. Sorry, but I'm not very creative. But flowers are a must!
You came to the right place. I'm sure some of these mamas have awesome ideas for you!

I was thinking along the same lines as the lady who mentioned friendship beads. When I was young we had the friendship beads on safety pins and pinned to ourselves. We also had friendship bracelets. Retro but cute.
I like the flower idea and the bright colors, yellows and pinks come to mind.
definitely google 'ideas for friends'. Friendship poem is good but you can scroll them if you didn't want to frame them. Tie a bow around the scroll.
maybe something from the Sisterhood of Traveling Pants or a theme of a girlfriend movie. my fav is Sex and the City but may not be church appropriate....doesn't have to involved Sex, just a cute movie about girlfriends.
big bows on the back of the chairs. sparkling drinks in stemmed glasses.
very cute! I just googled friendship party ideas and a lot came up, that might help

1 / 3