Lactation Consultant - Sugar Land, TX

I am trying to find a lactation consultant in this area. I asked the hospital I delivered at for a referral as well as my pediatrician and neither had anything to offer. I am a a little hesitant to just pick one from a listing on the internet. So any advice, input would be greatly appreciated!

I worked with a lactation consultant at Harris Methodist SW. She was great. You can call this number ###-###-####.

There is a really good lactation consultant at Lake Pointe Medical Center in Rowlett. Her first name is Sue and I think her last name is Knight. She was very helpful to me when I had my first baby in April.

I worked with a wonderful lactation consultant when my daughter was born. She came as a referral:

Wendy Blumberg
Baby, Birth & You
Tel: (972) ###-###-####
Email:____@____.com

She was very reasonable compared to other consultants. She makes house calls, sells, and rents pumps. I can't tell you how grateful I was that she was there to help with the whole breastfeeding process.

I'm a second cheer-leader for Judy Eastburn. She was WONDERFUL!! Compassionate, knowledgable, well-read on the subject and familiar with studies being done worldwide on lactation. I can't say enough. I was able to breasfeed for 8 months as a result of just 2 sessions with Judy. Add up what I would spent in formula in that time...WOW! She's located off Coit and Hillcrest, but she'll sessions either at her house or yours. Her phone number is ###-###-####. Good luck!

Also, my pediatrician provided a list of Lactation Consultants. If you're interested in a new Pedi who's supportive of breastfeeding, I use Forest Lane Pediatrics (they're in the MamaSource directory).

Hi Sirisha,
Congratulations ! i dont know about any lactaton consultant, but i can tell you that if you want to breast feed the baby then its going to be hard for the first few months. the only trick is to stick to it because its hard ...once you get used to it then its a joy !i can say that if you try hard for atleast a month then it gets easy. remember you can only prioduce milk when the baby feeds thats the best way to get milk.hope you have some help at home. contact me if you need any help.i live in west frisco on teel.all the best.what is the babys name ?

S.,

I had a lot of difficulty getting started with breast feeding. It was extremely stressful and my husband went and bought formula because we were so worried that she was losing too much weight. I was really in a state of desperation and it was the labor day holiday. I got a hold of my childbirth class instructor, who is also a lactation consultant, and she drove out to my house on the Labor day weekend because I was so upset. Needless to say, she helped me tremendously and really went out of her way to help me out. It brought me incredible peace of mind and I have been breastfeeding successfully for nearly a year! My daughter was born 9/1/05.

Her name is Linda Worzer and her number is ###-###-####. She is out of Richardson, but drove to Grand Prairie to see me. Either way, I thought it was definetly worth the time and money.

I hope that this can help. I am not sure what part of the area you are in, but I had my son (a year ago) at Baylor university Medical Center in Dallas. They have this AWESOME little "shop" there called Simply Moms. They have lactation consultants there and a separate little room for you to try with them present. It was very helpful to me. Also, try La Leche League. They should be able to send someone to your house. Try to get people to come to you. You don't want to get out right now if you don't have to. I had MAJOR breastfeeding issues. I'm no lactation consultant, but maybe I could give you some tips.

naturalbeginningsonline.com has two great lactation consultants. Sharon Mattes and L. Worzer. Check out their website.

Maybe you could find someone at http://www.lalecheleague.org/
I know there's a group that meets at the Denton Library on Wednesday's.

S.,
I am not sure where you are located, but this woman is great. She was our Bradley Method instructor, and is also a great doula and lactation consultant. She does work over the phone, or will come to you. Here is their website:
http://naturalbeginningsonline.com
Her name is Linda Worzer and her number is ###-###-####.
Tell her I sent you (L. Anderson)!

I also recommend Enya McNamara ###-###-####. I used her when I had my now 10 Month old son...

1 / 3