Labeling Children's Clothes for School

My daughter will be starting pre-school and we are required to send along an extra clothes and an extra pair of shoes. These need to be labeled, so they do not get mixed up with those of other kids. Was wondering if there was an easy way to do this, besides writing on the tags with either ink or marker. When I was little and going to camp, I remember my mom used iron-on stickers with my name on it, but I have no idea where she used to get these. Also, oncy my daughter outgrows her clothes, we would like to pass them on to her cousin, so my preference would be not to have anything too permanent. Any suggestions? What about for shoes?

I just found a website for labels for my daughter's bottles when she starts daycare next month. They also sell iron on's for clothes as well.
www.stuckonyou.biz

good luck

I just ordered some name labels for my son from stuckonyou.biz. They are a little pricey, but really cute!

www.stuckonyou.biz

good luck

There are places on line where you can get iron on labels fairly cheap. We use label-land.com. Also, I just use our last name and phone number so that I can use the labels with all our children and not have to buy separate for each different first name.

I'm dealing with the same issue with my son's stuff. I also put a note inside the bag with what the clothes are, and his name.

Dymo has several label makers. I think the letra tag and letra tag plus (LT-100t) are able to use an iron-on cartride. You type out what you want and then iron it on. Target has the smaller of the two on clearance in the school supply section right now.
You could try the fabric store for labels, and hand tack them into the clothes.

Fabric stores sell iron on material. I think you can get one or two sided. There is also stitch witch that you can use for hemming up pants, etc. You would just need a label or grosgrain ribbon to go on top of the bonding material, then iron on to the pants. I like the idea of just tacking on labels, so they can be removed later.

If the shoes have laces, you might be able to find novelty laces with her name, or attach a name/initial charm on the top. The small chain they use for army necklaces, or pull cords comes to mind.

good luck

Mabel's labels (I think mabel.com.ca?) and Label Your Stuff (labelyourstuff.com?) have iron ons.

I get all my labels from Mabel.ca They have a wide variety and ship fast. The labels are hard wearing and last a long time. I have been using them for a few years now.

This is what I did for my daughter's clothes...I bought some t-shirt fabric (you can find them in "junk" squares at most fabric stores) and wrote her name on them...cut them out and then quickly stitched them (just a few basic stitches) to the tag inside the clothes...if there are no tags (some have iron on tag) I just stitch it to the inside seam of the clothes. When she's done with it, just either cut the tag out, or seam rip the few stitches. Worked wonderfully well for me last year, and this year.

You can order pre-printed cloth sew-on name tags from namemaker.com. They also sell the iron on kind, and I think their website has an FAQ about iron-on removal. The sew-on ones can just be cut off when you are done. I'm not sure how to handle the shoe situation though!

1 / 3