Know of a Good Place to Take Professional Baby Pictures?

My daughter is turning 1 in a couple weeks and we'd like to get some professional pictures rather than taking our own. I've Heard of Sears, JcPenny, BabysRus but wasn't sure if one is better than the other or if there are even better suggestions. Also, any tips in a successful session (what to bring, clothes, etc?). Many thanks!

We just had our little guy photographed with Shutter Box Photos. Here is a link to our sneak peek that was posted on the site http://www.shutterboxphotos.com/blog/?p=843#comment-7218. Shellie is just amazing! It's pricey but worth it. My MIL gave it to us as a Xmas gift but I think we'll go back for annual pics.

I have tried most photo studios around here with my kids. I don't think you get the most amazing (the wow factor photo) with your kids at Sears, JcPenny, Young Lui. And well the picture people was just an experience I will stay away from. Young photographers, not the best pics, even with an appt you would spend 3-4 hours at the mall. And well it just isn't the best place to be when your kid isn't so happy. BabiesRUs/KiddiKandids was good except there can be long waits, no appts., if you need to feed or change your kid you could be bumped and have to wait longer, there is really no place to wait, and well you are trapped at BabiesRUs.

I have truely enjoyed after trying all of these studios to go to Clix's in Mill Creek. It has been a great experience. They have wonderful photographers, the staff is nice, there are toys to play with, it is OK for your kids to run around and play, they have dressing rooms, changing table, cute props, green screen (to do really cool things with), they have great prices & packages, they are flexable to work with you. There are places to go and get food or coffee close by to feed your hungry little ones and you. Just so much that I have enjoyed about going that well I just can't say enough. And if you tell them that M. Grant told you to try them they will give you some free stuff. I don't work there I just go so much to take pics of my kids. It can't hurt to try them out. You don't have to buy anything. They are even on facebook too. They do great facebook specials too. Clix Portrait Fotos is their facebook page.

Have fun capturing your little ones memories!

If you want something a little more personal I know of a fabulous photographer. She is more expensive than a studio type place but she is so good and she will come to you for the pictures. Her name is Stephanie Whybark and her website is www.stephphotos.com.

this might sound lame, but I love Target picture studio. They do a great job on my kids pics every time and it doesnt cost me an arm and a leg. They have different package sizes and they really do take good pictures... good luck!:)

I've had good luck with Kiddie Kandids: http://www.kiddiekandids.com/ I didn't buy the whole photo package, just the CD. Then I took the CD & ordered my own photos via costco.com. Go in the morning when your child is well-rested & in a good mood. If she has a cute favorite toy you may want to include in a picture bring it along.

I used Just Because. Melanie has a studio in her home in Sammamish. I really liked her. She was willing to take any poses I asked, and took as many as she needed to guarantee great shots. She was very easy going. I especially liked her as my 3 year old son had a melt-down and it didn't bother her one bit.

http://www.just-because.com/

There is a portrait studio named Picture People in the Southcenter Mall in Tukwila. Make an appointment or you'll be there forever.

I don't know where you live in Seattle, but there is a GREAT place in Kent. We live in Shoreline and we're willing to drive down there. It's called Portrait Innovations. My son is almost 8 months and we've been there twice. The staff was great with my son and took a ton of poses on several different backgrounds (with different outfits). Then, we got to look at all the pictures on a big screen TV, crop them, pick out the ones we likes, and then they printed them out for us while we waited! They were also cheaper than almost every other place! To me, they're the best out there.

Hope that helps!

1 / 3