Kids Hair Salons Around Pittsburgh

I want to get my 1 year olds hair trimmed. Are there any kiddy salons in the Pittsburgh area? I botched his hair so bad last time because he is a wiggler!

"Little Snip" in Scott Township. I took my 16 month old yesterday for his first professional haircut. He cried and wiggled the whole time (he cries when I try to cut it), but the stylist did a great job and she was super fast! There are toys and tv's to keep kids occupied or distracted. And some of the seats are shaped like little cars. The price was reasonable: $14.50. I highly recommend them.

I take my 3-year-old to Timothy's in Squirrel Hill. They have a stylist, Rose, who specializes in kids' cuts (though she cuts adults' hair too), and she has a room set up with toys and kids' videos. My daughter likes going there, and she will also sit and watch a video or play while I have my hair cut. It has worked out great for us.

I just took my daughter to Little Snips a few weeks ago for the first time. They gave her a choice of a regular chair or a truck chair to sit in. They gave her a book to look at and popped a video in for her to watch. The sylist was very nice and had a kid friendly attitude. My daughter will be turning 5 soon and is good about sitting still so I can't comment on how they would handle a wiggler. I didn't think the price was that bad either - maybe $15. I would recommend giving it a try.

There is a place called L. Snips in Scott Town Center on Greentree Rd, near Mt. Lebanon. I've never been there so I really can't give advice on what they're like.

If you're in the North Hills, I've tried

1. Kidz Cutz by Carey ###-###-####), located in Cranberry, on Rt 19 (in the old Safari Sam's bldg), or

2. Kaules ###-###-####) -- http://kaules.com/ -- it's closer to Ross Park Mall.

1 / 3