Kids Bathing with Friends

Ok, I wanted to see at what age you guys cut off taking showers/baths with their friends during sleepovers (same sex). My daughter is in 4th grade and I wasn't quite sure because it hasn't come up in a long time! They just went swimming so I just said they could if they left their bathing suits on since they are getting older. I don't have my daughter bathe with my son anymore, but I wasn't sure about her friend. Hmmm... they are both girls and all. I think I took a shower with my friend when I spent the night for awhile, but it seems a bit old. Anyway, I just wanted to see what all you guys think?

update- She's 9, I'm thinking it's too old, but wasn't sure.

update 2- Usually we don't have showers during sleepovers, but after swimming they were getting all the chlorine out of their hair and washing off sunscreen. The next morning we were all going to church and out to lunch, so I wanted them to clean up. Also, the friend sleeping over is her best friend from school.

I think it is a matter of up-bringing. First is the other parent okay with it? I was brought up a little more modest than most, so as an adult, I am rather uncomfortable at a gym with a set of boobs staring at me in the mirror, while other people are perfectly fine with it. I tend to think it is unfortunate that I am uncomfortable, but that is how I was raised.

I think if they are okay with it they are fine.

at her age i think its more a matter of whether or not both girls are comfortable and how good of friends they are. after swimming and stuff like that, i would jump in the shower with good freinds of mine until i was 12-13. in all honesty, i have a friend that i have been friends with since kindergarten and i would jump in the shower with her now at 25 and still be totally comfortable because we have been friends for so long. If it was a relatively new friend, then i would steer clear, just because you never know how those kind of friend ships end up. in the end though, if she is comfortable and the friend is comfortable, no big deal. a boob is a boob and a finger is a finger. they are all just body parts and we all have them.

I showed till the age of 10 with my siblings. LOL Hard life being in a big family but hey its really more of an issue because of societal norms. We are so hard pressed on nudity being so repressed. I dont think 9 yr old girls care ( i didnt at 9) that they had seperate or together showers. It is again only 2 kids, why should they shower together? Is it really going to waste that much water?

i will still shower with my sisters (like during holidays when all 6 kids are home with our spouses & kids! yikes!) & there are friends who i would shower with if needed, in high school us girls would shower together because we would all be getting ready for whatever competition & we were in a hurry! if both girls are okay with it, i don't think it's a big deal at all

a little too old. with bathing suits on, okay, but that would be it for me

That would be around the age of 10-11 right? I think it's time for seperate showers.

I don't know. I think it's kind of a matter of when they become body conscious. I remember skinny dipping with my friend at 12 in her pool when I spent nights and her grandma, who lived with them, would tease us about seeing out butts shining in the moonlight. We didn't think there was anything wrong with it.
Girls take showers after gym class.
My daughter and I had a swim membership and women changed in front of people. There was only a small area for private changing plus the bathroom, otherwise, women just peeled off their suits and dried off and got dressed.
There's something to be said for modesty, for sure, but I don't think you should make them feel like they're doing something wrong if they see each other naked.
I had a big jacuzzi tub and the kids liked getting in it with their bathing suits. It was fun for them so that's a good option.
If you think they should have separate showers, just say so.
I just wouldn't make a big fuss about it being because there's something wrong with being naked.

Too old. Many girls even go through puberty at 9.

1 / 3