Kid-friendly Banking

I've been meaning to open a savings account for my kids. Do you have any recommendations? and do you know if any of them give a a card so we can use the atm for deposits? TIA! ~C.~

Wells Fargo is also kid friendly for savings accounts. They gave my daughter a stuffed animal when we signed her up for one in December. In order to get the ATM though, you would have to set up a bank account. If your child is under 18 then there is an adult who is the co-guardian of the account. This adult doesn't necessarily have to sign on checks or withdrawals, but will have access to the accounts too.

Just after my daughter was born we opened an account for her at Bank of America. It is linked to our other accounts, we pay no fees and she gets interest on her account.

We put in $ we got for her when she was born as well as $ that was sent to us over the years for holiday and birthday gifts. Daughter adds to it when she has cash as well.

I don't know about an ATM. We give daughter a prepaid Visa card that she can use anywhere and they keeps her from having too much cash in her wallet. She has been very responsible so far.

Compass Bank at 3040 and I-35 has a kid friendly banking program. I don't know about card though. I still have to set up my son's account.

Xerox/Xceed credit union (I-35 and near Corporate) also offers a savings account for kids and seems to be kid friendly. Again, I don't know about a card for deposits.

we go thru compass bank for both my 5 and 11 yr old boys. it's a basic savings account, but it's what we want. great service and started with just $20. also i will add that my bank guaranty bank does kid savings accts for the same starting fee. i just started a savings acct with them and they mentioned it.

EDS Credit Union has a kids friendly program, it is called CHIP program and they earn a higher interest rate than a normal savings account, and every time they make a deposit they earn stamps and when they have collected enough stamps, they get prizes. I just like the higher interest rate.

1 / 3