4 yo Boy's Birthday Party Idea - John Deere birthday party ideas for a 4 year old - Spartanburg,SC

my son will be 4 on the 4th of july, and he wants a john deere birthday party. i need ideas for this party that will not cost me a fortune. so i dont want to buy the stuff out of those birthday express magazines. so any ideas on decorations and other ideas for this will be greatly appreciated. thanks

You could make little tractors out of cardboard boxes and use plates for wheels. With a little imagination and green/yellow/black paint it could be really cute and cheap! It doesn't have to look exactly like the real thing to please 4 year olds :)

To stick with that theme, you could also play pin the tail on the cow instead of a donkey.

Try purchasing colors that match the John Deere colors. Now a days you can find balloons, cups, plates, napkins, and plastic ware from Dollar Stores and you can even buy the less expensive tractors, trucks, etc. to go with the theme. Also, if you can find someone to make a cake, or if you can bake pretty good, just copy the John Deere logo on top of the cake with some icing and food coloring. Or you could purchase a John Deere cake since you'll be saving so much money from the items you purchase at the Dollar Store! Better get it now tho'. It may be difficult to find the stuff come July. Everything will be red, white, and blue!

You might have already thought of this but, you could just buy table cloths, cups, napkins, plates and streamers in solid yellow and solid green from Wal-mart or the Dollar Store and have a John Deere cake made if you can find it. If you can't find somewhere that has a John Deere cake you could make a cake yourself, decorate it with yellow and green icing and buy a toy John Deere tractor and put it on the cake. Good luck!

Wilton makes a tractor cake pan that should still be available for you to make your own cake. If you use the 40% or 50% coupon that Michaels has in the Sunday paper it makes the pan affordable.

If you don't want the cake pan (it takes up space in the cupboard) then decorate a regular cake like a farmers field (crushed graham cracker makes good dirt) and put small John Deere's on the cake as party favors for the kids.

Get green plastic table clothes from the dollar store with green cups/plates/forks.

Get some boxes and a can of yellow spray paint to make "hay bales" and then have the kids pull their wagon around them as if the kids are are the tractor. If you can get another kid to bring his wagon then you can have a tractor pull!

Other party favors might include bandanas and straw hats.

Go to DLTK.com and look kup coloring pages/ideas/games for ANY themed party for free. My oldest is now 7 and I still use their free site for great ideas. And when my 2 boys were 4 I planned 2 games for the party, one of which was a coloring page. They were more than happy with this idea because they helped to pick the coloring pages and design the 'big' game.

Cathy

I've actually gone to a John Deere themed party for a two year old. They encouraged their guests to wear JD apparel or farmer type stuff (overalls etc.) I would check ebay for John Deere party accessories. They had all of their "Little People" animals etc around the cake which a lady made locally in the shape of a JD tractor.
For my son's birthday we wanted a lion cake but didn't want to pay for the cake pan shaped like the lion so we went on Wilton.com and mimicked the design of their lion and decorated a rectangular cake with the same design. It was beautiful.

I like the idea of the yellow and green and buy a cake with John Deer. Maybe splurge on one thing like treat bags or balloons. You could also cut out pics of tractors and make posters saying happy birthday. Another thing is more country than John Deer but I saw it at an outdoor fall wedding is to put sunflowers in mason jars to decorate the tables with little green rocks in the bottom. Hope this can help.

just a thought for the cake you can take any picture or toy to publix and they make really cute cakes! also at party city they have all sorts of things there maybe buy the plates cups and bag favors from there and stick to the dollar tree for yellow and green table covers etc.... hope it helps

First of all I would have a cake made like a tractor, decorate with the colors of the tractor, use children's farm equipment to hold snacks, re: pails and shovels filled with pretzels, m&m's, fishy crackers, etc. Any dollar store would have those assorted pails, trucks filled with peanut butter sandwiches shaped like a tire???, balloons in those colors of course. And, maybe you could ask guests to dress like farmers? Also, you could use a farmers hat to hold party favors, etc. Get small rakes, etc. to hang on the walls or on the table..Enjoy and I hope this helps.

1 / 3