JFF- Labor Music

Hiya Mamas!
Baby # 2 is due any day now! Just curious what music did you like during labor?

Thanks Mamas! Some of you are Hilarious! I made a bunch of different playlists on my computer and we'll just bring it along. Any day now.... :)!

None!!! :)

I love and adore music, and listen to nearly everything (every genre, just not every artist in every genre). I have it playing almost all the time.

But sounds of any sort (including people talking) just pissed me off when I was in labor. I just wanted everyone to go away and *be quiet*.

No music, just quiet. I'm the kind of person that has a hard time concentrating when there's background noise and I didn't want distractions. Just me...

I had picked out my music special for my labors - classical music, in my case. Just so happens that my first son was born to "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik", which was the one piece I conducted in conducting class in my college music courses. The Far Side had a great comic on their calendar that year using the name of that piece, and I put it in my son's baby album!

Unfortunately, I have no idea what piece was playing with my second son. That labor and delivery was on the scary side with a lot of pain involved, and I wasn't paying attention to the music at all.

I agree with the Mommas that want quiet. I remember being fine through my first labour with most of everything that was going on but my husbands phone kept going off with texts of family wanting to be updated and at one point I just lost it and screamed out "if I hear that damn thing one more time you will be giving birth to it later on this evening"

None!!! :)

I think I brought stuff but we were so busy I never even thought about it. Once the epidural kicked in I was just along for the ride.

I do remember having "American Idol" on the tv.

Celtic harp -- Joemy Wilson. :)

Celtic, Pure Moods type of music

Chrystal Lewis' CD titled "Hymns: My Life"...pretty, and just relaxing and encouraging to me. We turned it off once the doctor came in so he could do his thing and talk, but I had it on quietly to relax up until "that moment". Afterwards for rest and my stay in the hospital, I had the wedding CD we made because it's awesome. Every nurse on every shift, and every guest, commented on the music being so NICE and wanting to know what CD it was. The wedding music list was a mix of what we were most into at the moment (we made the CD together, and it was relaxing for both of us to just chill and go to our "happy place" when the delivery was all over):
1. At Last-Etta James
2. I've Got to See You Again-Norah Jones
3. Keeper of the Stars-Tracy Byrd
4.Turn Me On-Norah Jones
5. You Look Wonderful Tonight-Eric Clapton
6. Stand By Me-Ben E King
7. Come Away With Me-Norah Jones
8. To Make You Feel My Love-Garth Brooks
9. Unforgettable-Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole "duet"
10. The Nearness of You-Norah Jones
11. It's Your Love-Tim McGraw
12. Shoot the Moon-Norah Jones
13. I'll Stand By You-The Pretenders
14. She's More-Andy Griggs
15. She's Got a Way-Billy Joel
16. From This Moment-Shania Twain
17. Oh Girl- Chi-Lites
18. What a Wonderful World-Louis Armstrong
19. Dreaming My Dreams-The Cranberries
20. Somewhere Over the Rainbow-Israel Kamakawiwo
ETA: HILARIOUS to hear so many people say they didn't want to be touched or talked to. :) I was the opposite. Granted, it was just my husband and he was my "teammate"--I wanted him with me very much. He did awesome too! I wanted him to talk to me, read Psalm 91 to me at one point when we were alone but had gotten some worrisome news (his voice soothes me), hold my hand and keep a cool cloth on my head. He'd BETTER hold my hand while I squeeze it hard during contractions, and he gave me ice (I wanted lots) and kept my head cool. With our 2nd baby, I had an epidural (glorious epidural!) and was very pleased with how much easier the whole thing was (my first, no medication, and I remembered full well how that felt). We had music very quiet, relaxing me, and my mom and husband chatted with me until it was time to have the baby, and she left so my husband could hold my hand and just "be there" for me. We did turn off the music then though, so the doctor could "coach" me. I guess every labor is different, and everyone's temperment is different too.

The Soundtrack to Evita. That seems so funny to me now. 23 hours of Evita . . .

1 / 3