Jff--when Do You Put up Your Christmas Tree?

Hi mamas!

Just curious--those of you that celebrate Christmas and put up a tree--WHEN do you put up your tree? I LOVE Christmas! It's my favorite time of year. I've been listening to Christmas music for a week or so now. I'm ready to put up my tree!! I usually do it the day after Thanksgiving but I'm thinking about doing it early this year. So...when are you doing it?? :)

The lights went up last weekend because we had amazing weather. The trees will go up this weekend and next weekend. It just takes too long to decorate my house and I am too cheap to pay anyone. Oh I am also too anal to allow my children to help which is rather sad. Maybe I should get some therapy for that, or perhaps properly train the children.....

Oh so you are from St Louis so you know the weather I speak of.

First weekend in December. I've already received my first Christmas card a week ago too. Now that's a bit ridonkulus.

I usually do it the day after Thanksgiving. We put it up yesterday! My 3 year old begged me to do it, he is seriously a Christmas fanatic even at 3! I don't like it though, and I don't plan on doing it this early ever again. It just doesn't feel right at all! Oh well.

We usually do it the weekend before Thanksgiving, but we've had a rough time lately.

My father-in-law passed away two weeks ago, and the same week our beloved dog of 18 years died. We're all so tired of crying, and we love the holiday season, so we put up our tree a few days ago. The whole house is decorated (we actually have 4 trees)! Christmas music is playing all the time, and we have managed to lighten our mood. My husband, children and I all needed that. We will remember those we have lost this season, but will appreciate even more those we have. I really love this time of year.

Mine are up.

thank you to my hubby.

I was sick about a week ago. In bed sleeping off pain medicine I had taken to relieve the pain from and Ulcer.

I woke up Sunday evening to Two fully decorated Christmas trees. When I asked him why he had put them up the first week of novemeber, he gave me a pretty legit answer of,''I was cleaning out the garage and figured we would have to just pull them down again in two weeks, So I said why bother waiting??''

Love him for his logic.

He took the day off yesterday, to just hang out. He was out until after Ten p.m. putting lights up on the house and trees.

I think we are just excited to be together as a family this year. This has been a not so banner making year for us. So the Holidays are just something we are excited to have :)

It will ALL be coming down on Dec. 26th. AS Soon as we get up.

I can't wait to get all my Christmas decor out, so it starts going up the day after Thanksgiving!

We chop our down every year (hello Griswalds!) so, we wait until the weekend after Thanksgiving. I love this time of year!

We put up ours last weekend - mainly due to scheduling conflicts so my hubby could be there. :) The kids are in Christmas excitement mode, which is GREAT!

I put it up on black friday.......instead of leaving the house and getting mauled.

Varies depending on our schedules. This year I'll be home a half of a day before Thanksgiving with the kiddo's alone, so I'm going to ask hubby to put it up that Tuesday night. He isn't big into decorating, so the kids and I will do it when I get home, along with make the casseroles for Thanksgiving and make our turkey hand cookies :).

At least that's my plan!

1 / 3