JFF- Crazy Family Tree Twists...

I do realize what I said was rather confusing. So I'll say it better: I am on facebook with my cousin Andy's wife Crystal. She and I grew up in the same town and didn't know each other. My cousin Andy is my mothers, brothers son. My aunt is Marlene and married to my fathers brother. My cousins wife Crystal is my Aunt Marlene's brothers daughter. That's still confusing! LOL

Do you families have any very odd couplings?

These are all such crack ups :) I was just as confused with some of yours as you were with mine LOL!

My mom's sister married my dad's brother, so all of us cousins are practically like brothers and sisters. My dad's father thought he was raised by his "older sister", but she was actually his mother but no one told him because it was such a scandal that she had him at a young unmarried age.

HA! it's a little "close" to really be funny to me, but everyone else seems to enjoy it, so here ya go - my mother was married to my father for 20 years. her sister, was married for 25 years. my mom divorced my dad (who as an alcoholic, and had other issues), when i was 19, and less than a year later, the sister (who has always had ISSUES as well) divorced her husband of 25 years and married my father. also giving a big FU to my entire family at the same time, but that's irrelevant. i am now my own cousin. my "aunt" from my entire life, now considers herself my "stepmother". grrrreeeaaaat.

I could spend hours figuring out what you just said. :)

what fun! Thanks for asking!

my parents divorced when I was 23. 10 years ago, my dad remarried. Are you ready? He married my mom's best friend's sister. OMG....talk about awkward! & sadder than sad....she's morphed into our evil stepmom since his passing. It's soooo difficult, because we still absolutely love mom's best friend (she's been our 2nd mom since I was 5!).....& can't stand Ole' Evil One. Unfortunately the two sisters attend all of our family functions together. :(

My uncle married for the 1st time....late in life. He is 14 years older than me. His wife is MY age...only 4 months older. I love calling her Aunt & having my kids call her Great Aunt! Recently at a wedding, we were on the dance floor & she asked me what I remembered about when the song that was playing came out (Bee Gees- Staying Alive). I couldn't remember....had no connection to recall....& so my smart-mouth said, "well, I don't remember....but I do know I was younger than you when it came out!" OMG....she shrieked....everybody looked at us....what a riot!

Anyway, they had children very late in life. Even tho' my uncle is a generation older, their children are the same age as mine. Their daughter was a teenager before she knew that I was not "Aunt S.....but really 1st Cousin S.". Now that she's almost 18....she loves calling me "Aunt/Cousin S.".....even on Facebook! It's our running gag now.

Thanks again!

Technically my dad is my brother and my cousins are my nephews, because I am adopted by my paternal grandparents =)

Not my family, but I know one mom who has two kids by two brothers, so the two brothers are also cousins. Now her nephew is getting married to the two brothers' niece, should make for an interesting family reunion at the wedding, huh?!

My father married his brother's sister-in-law. That is, brothers married sisters.

Oh, and I discovered a few years ago that my stepmom's sister had put up a daughter for adoption at birth. That daughter contacted her about 4 years ago. Turns out, it was a gal who I almost became roommates with when I was 19-- we had mutual friends and hung out together. Small,small world.

Oh Page W....I am so glad I am not the only one!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

My sister married one of my really good friends...so it is sort of weird but cool at the same time to have him in the family....And I have a super cool nephew outta the deal...

All of my second/third cousins are my age...My actual cousins are all old enough to be my grand-parents. My aunts are old enough to be great grandmas...and some are!!There is 25 years between my mom and my oldest aunt!! who is still living:)

I am sure that there is wayyy more odd-ball stuff...We were one of many many many people on my moms side...most of whom have not spoke in so long...I grew up not knowing them. My dads brother married but they never had kids...So, it is pretty quiet on this western front.

My hubbies family is ''divorced'' several times over. We all came together when his grandma Duckie pasted away. And he hasnt seen any of them for about fourteen years. We have yet to see them since.

I have made my family within my friendships...and those do get odd ball!! But they are all amazing family to me!! There is not one i would trade, to know my ''real'' family...life is good no matter

Oh, yes! My family has some oddities for sure.

My sister's first husband was X. My sister-in-law's first husband was also X. My sister and X had 2 boys together, my nephews. My SIL and X had a kid together too. When my SIL was married to X the boys were also my husband's nephews through marriage. When SIL and X got a divorce, the boys weren't my husband's nephews anymore. When we got married it made my nephews my husband's nephews again, and I inherited a niece.

If you followed all of that...

My MIL and FIL were cousins through marriage before they got married. Her aunt was married to his uncle.

I know a married couple that became brother and sister after they were married. Their parents were single and met through them. Her mom married his dad after the kids were married for a year.

1 / 3