Jeans to Apply for a Job

Would you wear jeans to fill out an application for a job? Not an interview just to fill out an app. This is a part time office job- and Im talking about nice jeans, dressy shirt and nice, heeled, dress boots. My closet is a SAHM wardrobe!! The other option is very dressy skirts- I have nothing in between! We live in a small town and shopping is 40 miles away and I really want to save the shopping for a possible interview. What do you think?

OK- Overdressed it is! I will let you know how it goes. Thanks moms!

In my opinion you want to look like the person who can fill the job when you walk in the door regardless of whether it's for the application or the interview. No matter how put together you look you will still be wearing jeans. Besides it's better to overdress than underdress in any situation. Good luck.

Invest in some slacks. If the drive is too much for you, consider getting them from Old Navy online. they are very affordable, and look the part.

the only time I ever did was in high school to work at a movie theater, not a professional position.

I would not. I have filled out applications before and have had interviews on the spot. Certain companies do two or three interviews and even if they don't you don't know if a manager will notice you filling one out and stop to talk to you. I would also like to mention you never know who you are talking to when you apply for a job. I use to work as a service desk supervisor and ran the desk, alot of people who came in mistaked me for a cashier and didn't know when I handed them a job aplication that the store manager would oftern consult me before calling someone in for an interview since I already had a first impression of them.

You should dress like you could fit in to the office.

If the office is a lawyer's office and they dress in suits then you should wear dress pants or skirt.

If the office is a dental office where they dress nice but casual, then your outfit will be spot on.

If the office is where they wear a uniform then your outfit will be okay.

I worked as a police officer. When we were hiring, we had people come in to get applications in all kinds of dress. Some even came in in jeans with holes in the knees or pockets.

I heard my bosses make remarks more than once that the people coming in wearing jeans, weren't going to be hired because they didn't respect them (the department) or the job enough to get dressed up. No man going into the interview in less than a suit got a job. No woman wearing less than a woman's version of a suit got the job.

Are all employers like that? No. But some are and if you really want the job, I'd dress up. I never went into an interview less dressed than the BOSS of the people doing the interview. I can't ever remember not getting the job or not being offered more than one position.

Good luck to you and yours.

I guess it woulddepend on what you were applyingfor, a business professional...nope.

Id go dressy.

No. I would not...you never know who is looking.

1 / 3