Itchy Swollen Ear, Only on the Top Though

Eeer, so I'm a teen and no I'm not a mom.. but I figured I could get mommys to answer my question. I woke up in bed Thursday, with my right ear itchy. But I paid no mind to it. I went through out the day just itching it occasionally. Then, it started itching some more. And I happened to notice where it was itchy, I looked in a mirror and noticed my ear had swollen. It feels hot, it's red and itchy. And it's only the top of my ear that looks like a dang red balloon. My friend said it looked worse from behind. It doesn't look like a rash. We can't really find a bump, except that it looks more swollen in a certain spot. And can't find what would look like a bite mark of a bug or spider. I'm leaning my head down against my shoulder with an ice pack against it, it makes my ear feel better because it takes away the heat I feel radiating. Anybody have any idea what's happened to cause this? What it could be? (Oh, and I was sleeping on my left side, so I wasn't sleeping with my right ear against anything.)

Well, yesterday I woke up the red was gone but it was still swollen. Today, my ear seems to be just fine, not swollen anymore. All I did was take Benadryl and had that ice pack on it. I still don't even know what happened. It isn't bothering me right now any. My ear looks just normal again.

Hi!
I had the same thing a while ago. My husband thought it was some kind of spider or bug bite. I never went to the doctor for it and it went away by itself after a few days.
If it doesn't get better I would go to the doctor.
I hope you feel better soon!

Maybe a bed bug??? their bite usually swells up like that. maybe try some antihistamine like Benadryl allergy medicine.
I hope it goes away soon!
A.

If your ears are pierced you might be having a reaction to the post. My ears are mildly allegric to certain metals and I have had similiar reactions. Hope this helps!

I myslef had something similiar happen to me a few years back you really need to go to the doctors i had that happen to my ear at night and what it was, was a spider bite but i never found the bite mark till the swelling went down cause it was swollen to bad. Antibiotics and ice packs is what helped me

it sounds like a spider bite, and yes spider bites do swell up THAT MUCH.
get to the doctor sometime today or tomorrow, show it to the nice doctor,
and he will then put you on antibotics for a few days. if you dont take it in to the doctor, you might end up losing your ear, which is bad, by the way.
oh, and put new screens on your windows, that way the creepy little
fellas cant get in to snack on your ears.
K. h.

i think something bit you while you slept...a spider maybe? Sometimes it's so swollen, you can't see a bite mark. Try rubbing it down w/some alcohol or peroxide. Then maybe get some benadryl to take orally & then some of the benadryl cream & see if that helps.
If the ice makes it feel better, keep on using that too.
Good Luck!!

Hi!
I hope you feel better soon!

there are 10 varieties of poisonous spiders in VA. I know because I live here. It may be a bite that is so swollen you cant see it, Get to a doctor immedeatly!

You are one resourceful teenager! Yeah, I think it's a spider bite, too. The Brown Recluse spider lives in houses and usually doesn't bother anybody but if one bites you it will swell up just like that. Happened to me once, when I put my hand in a woodpile, and the site of the bite was never visible. It did, however, eventually make my whole finger go all green and purple because I sat around and did NOT go see a doctor. Go see your school nurse or one of those Minit Clinics, if getting to a doctor is a problem for you--and don't delay.

1 / 3