Itchy Scalp Small Bumps on Scalp

I have had a very itchy scalp lately could this be from my shampoo? I have been using the same for several months now. I have tried baby oil to soothe it at night. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you all for your responses I will take the suggestion you offered and give them a try. Have a great day!!

I have developed an allergy to Pantene Shampoo recently after using it for many years. I changed to a different one, not the one for dry hair but to the one for curly hair, and I am having less itching and bumps.

I would get a bottle of tee tree oil and add a few drops to the shampoo when you wash your hair. It is a natural anti fungal, works great on cratle cap too!

It could be a fungus infection, if the bumbs turn into scaps, you need to see a dermatologist. This happened to my son after swimming in a lake. Had to take antibiotic for 6 months to cure it.

We are ALL about " all natural" stuff in my home. I second the baking soda. My husband uses it on his scalp. He has always had dandruff & in the winter he gets the adult equivalent of "cradle cap". Anyhow. I turned him on to tea tea oil, Dr. Bronners Soap (we use the Mint) & also using baking soda as an exfoliant. Since he has been using the baking soda on his scalp ( I say this & I kid you not! I have the pics to prove it) not only has his dry skin improved 7 stayed away , as long as he exfoliates when he needs to, but the stimulation to his hair follicles has made his hair start growing back & made it grow in thicker!!! He was thinning very badly (his mother has very thin hair, it runs on his Moms side of the family & he has been thinning since he was in his late teens) & now it is growing back. Woo hoo!

best wishes & be well. -A..

bowl of bakeing soda and add a little bit of warm water to make almost like a paste and soak your head , leave on a few minutes and rinse out and samhpoo. will remove all the product building. also works wonders on cradle cap. good luck, mom of 7, R.

Yes, you could be allergic to your shampoo. I react to any of the Suave shampoos myself and cannot use them.

I have this happen ALL THE TIME, I have highly sensitive skin and skin allergies. It usually clears up if I switch shampoos. My allergist recommended I use head and shoulders or selsun blue. They worked great for awhile but after about a year I acquired a skin sensitivity to both. What I do now is keep several bottles of shampoo in the house and rotate every couple weeks. It has help the issue some not cured it though. I used to use clinique shampoo but haven't been able to find it anymore. It was expensive but worked GREAT.

Could be a vitimin B12 difficiency.

1 / 3