Is Tomato Juice OK for Babies????

Does anyone know if Tomato Juice is ok for babies? My 15 month old daughter WILL NOT eat her veggies, but likes V8. I'm scared it will give her a tummy ache though.

My son LOVES V-8 Fusion. It is actually a fruit juice but it has both fruits and veggies in it. It doesn't have the problem of having all the sodium that regular V-8 has. As well, though I don't think there is any problem with V-8 itself for toddlers I would be careful about how acidic it could be. My son had difficulties with Orange juice even. He didn't spit it up or show signs of reflux, but it left him with a bad diaper rash.

I get the low sodium kind and dilute it a bit. My 17-month-old loves it. She doesn't drink a lot, but it gives her some extra vitamins. But, don't worry too much. Kids are notorious for not eating veggies and not eating at all, and they grow up just fine. Just keep putting the veggies in front of her every day and eventually she'll eat one or two.

I don't know about tomato juice but another way you could get her the veggies she needs is a powder called "Simple Greens". You add the powder to water or juice, it has a spearmintish flavor but if it were mixed with juice it might be unnoticeable. Try the health food store. I got mine from my midwife.

My daughter loves V8 juice! I started giving it to her when she didn't eat enough veggies at the recommendation of her PEDIATRICIAN. We gave her a choice of "would you like this vegetable with dinner or would you like to drink your vegies"? She thought it was a fun choice, usually she picked the juice, and eventually she started chosing the vegetables too. She now loves most vegies and still drinks the V8 occasionaly. I suppose all of you who are overly worried about the salt never give your kids goldfish, pretzels, crackers or anything like that? Her dr. said the benefit of the nutrients in the juice far outweighed any negatives from the salt. Just make sure your children also drink plenty of water. Which is not a problem for us since we all drink lots of water in this family and not a whole lot of junk like sodas or juice. Which those too have salt in them. It's crazy how worked up people get over a little salt, there are much more scary things to fret about.

I'm a big believer in fresh foods, still living. Can you get a juicer and make your own vegie juice, without all the extra sodium too? Then you can make seasonal juices, and add more variety.

I am curious to know. My son loves V8, but I will only give it to him a bit at a time. So far he has never had a problem

it maybe too acidic for your baby. I would just try a lil at first

15 months is WAY too young to give up on veggies. Try mixing them with other foods. Applesauce and puree pea, baked carrots, etc. Don't give V8--it is way to high in sodium for adults, much less children! If you must give veggie juice, buy a juicer and make your own! That way you know what is in it is good for you all!

1 / 3