Is This Normal? 9-Month Old Is Walking...

My 9-month old is walking. Not cruising, honest-to-god walking. Is this normal? There's not much I can do to stop him, but he's walking, crawling up onto tables and chairs and actually getting himself down... Like I said, I can't stop him from doing it, but are any other mom's out there who's kids just up and starting walking this early (is this early?)

Thanks to everyone who responded! It really put my mind at ease, because when I was telling my friends and co-workers, they all looked at me funny and said things like "isn't that early?", so I was stressin (easily done when you're a new mom). Now I just have to figure out how to keep him from pulling furniture on top of himself...

Yes, my son started walking at around 9 months which I thought was early until his cousin walked at 7 months!! Yes, 7 months old. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it. It's totally normal. Now he can focus on other things.

Best of Luck.

My daughter walked at 10 months. and i have heard of children walking as early as 7 months. crazy as it sounds it is normal. It just means that your baby is developing faster than others.
Just baby proof everything, you all will be fine. :O)
Good luck and have fun with it.

Best of Luck.

Completely normal. My second started walking at 9 1/2 months and was running by 10. I have a friend whose daughter walked at 8 1/2 months. Get out the babyproofing supplies!

I was an early walker at 9 months... I had a coworker who claimed that all her kids started walking before 7 months. She couldn't believe it when her 6-month-old started taking steps! I guess the kid was in the paper and everything because it's such a rare thing to walk at that age.

I was lucky... my daughter didn't walk until 14 months. It's nice when you don't have to worry about them getting into as much, but you gotta take what you get!

Yep its normal. Mine walked at 10 months and was quickly into EVERYTHING. He'll probably be climbing on everything too, so babyproof like crazy.

Mine was the same way, started walking at 9 months old. It just doesn't even look possible, does it? I thought it was hilarious yet frightening at the same time. My first was more cautious and held on to the furniture for a long time before he took off, and my second is just my little Evel Knievel! He never cared to hold onto the furniture. As soon as he figured out how to stand on his own, he took off. There isn't much you can do to stop them. Just get out the safety supplies and the gates, and good luck with your little adventurer!

totally normal! not to worry

Several of my friends have had children who walk by 9 months. It is a bit on the early side, but that's how we get averages...some walk a little early and some take a bit longer. It's just where your baby is developmentally. They are who they are, right? :)

1 / 3