Is There Anyone Out There with Ulcerative Colitis? I Have Many Questions.

I am 28 and was diagnosed with IBD or more specific and not to be confused with IBS, Ulcerative Colitis, 5 years ago. I had never heard of it just like most people I know. After many trial and errors I have now been doing "pretty" well for the last 3 months. But I just want to know if there are people out there that would mind if I could pick there brain? Everytime I look online for answers to my symptoms I come to a dead end. I have a great doctor and am happy that way but I also don't think he can help me as much as someone who's been through this. So if you're out there and can help answer my questions, please let me know. Thanks!

I'm just looking for someone out there to share their knowledge, meaning real first hand experiences. Thanks again. I appreciate everyone who takes the time to help others on this web site, you all are wonderful.

I had a very severe case of Ulcerative colitis. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have and share the things that seemed to work better than others. You may email me at ____@____.com.

Docs don't know what I have. I have been told IBS,Ulcerative Colitis, celiac. So I have had lots of experience in this area.
I have had 3 endo/colonoscopies, tried several diets and meds. I have finally found a diet and meds that work for me. Although its not perfect it livable.

I would love to listen and help out.

A.

A little about me:
I am a mother of one little 3 yr. old boy and wife to a wonderful guy. I have many health issues since my pregnancy. I am very into cooking and trying new things.

My husband had Ulcertive Colitis. I was not married to him at the time, but would be happy to relay information if you have specifici questions he might be able to answer for you.
He has his colon removed in 2000, during emergency surgery because he didn't know he had it and it was never taken care of. We now live with the reprocutions of not taking catching it early on. He was a single father of 4 and chose to ignore the signs for two months while he worked full time... and it almost killed him. But, the reprocutions are not that bad at all.. they're easy to live with, for me at least.
Feel free to get in touch with me if this might help you. We're always up to helping answer questions of offer advice to anyone who might be able to use it.

I have a couple of friends with Crohn's disease, both of whom have been living with it for more than 15 years. It is a close cousin to Ulcerative Colitis. I am a naturopath, and I have to agree that I've seen both in the clinic and with my two friends wondrous things come from natural medicine, both Chinese and Western. The regular medical world has a lot to offer once the disease has progressed in terms of surgery and medications, but does not have a lot to offer in terms of stopping the progression of the disease.

The friend that was able to use natural medicine and adhere to a specific diet is doing well, symptom-free for 10 years now. The one who does not adhere so well to the diet and natural medicines is still fighting the battle. The first one went on to study natural medicine because he was so moved by his own experience.

Best of luck in your thought process,
Dr. E. Mendenhall, ND

My dad had ulcerative colitis for years when I was growing up 't and he found out that he was alergic to antihistamines. No doctor ever was able to tell him that it might be because he was taking something he was allergic to. As soon as he stopped taking them the colitis calmed way down.

My encouragement to you would be to just try things. Even if the doctor doesn't recommend it. If you have a feeling that something might help, try it. A naturalpath might be able to help you too. Auto-immune diseases like colitis and arthritis can be greatly helped by natualpathic medicine.

That's my two cents. J.K.

Hello pretty lady:
my name is I.. I wish i could help you answering your questions or be close to where you are to show you my support. Unfortunately i am in acapulco, mexico, but from this side of the world i want to tell you that i love you and i am going to pray the lord to help you with what you are going through. If you like to pray at night before you go to bed. Just tell god what you want, he is merciful and kind with the broken hearts. I wish i could know your name so i can mention it to the lord in my prayers. Cheer up!!!! God loves you, your kids love you, your husband loves you and me too. I send you a little bit of sunshine from acapulco, mexico. Your new friend. I.

My dad had Ulcerative Colitis when I was in Junior High. I have a cousin who was diagnosed and opted to have surgery last December. I was starting to show symptoms, but was able to stop them 3 years ago...although while pregnant with my second, the symptoms returned, but vanished within days of giving birth.

My dad ended up having surgery and has an ostomy bag, but as I understand it options today are different than they were for him. My cousin chose to be reconnected, so to speak, and has been doing fine adjusting.

My doctor told me to cut out caffeine, black tea, and ibuprofen. Aside from the relapse when I was pregnant, I have not had any symptoms since 2003.

I know there is good info out there, I'll ask my dad and cousin where the best is.

Hi. I think my husband is the most amazing person in the world. He is a full time Barber, on his feet all day, and is 75 yoa.
A few years ago he was diagnosed with UC. He has had Remacade Infusions about 3 times in 10 years. It is magic! The man is healed. The Remacade (Not sure of spelling, this is how it sounds though) was invented for R.A. which is caused by the body turning on itself. Somewhere along the line it was found to cure UC abd Crones in many people. They don't promise, but if it works, it is well worth trying.
I wish you the very best. This is such a horrible problem. You can never go in public unless you know where a nearby restroom is. I think it is talked about too little because it is embarrassing.
Just for the record, my husband was in serious trouble and hemorraged before they decided to do this for him.
A well wisher from Oregon

I have a friend who has battled this and has found what works for her. I can only imagine how awful this condition can be.
Would love to help,
V.
here's my email:

1 / 3