Is There Any Way to Re-heat French Fries So They Actually Taste Good?

Or is it a lost cause?

Microwave for just about 20 seconds (depends on how many).. Then pop them into a preheated toaster oven until they are toasty..

They are ok this way, but never as good as when first fried..

If you want to reuse them, put them in oven with cheese and bacon bits on top and it will be something different only not wasted. Or in quishes, or mixed in with vegetables. Other poster (popmom) however was right...hahaa...
no not really.Wait I mean she was right, the NO not really meant you cannot really recook the fries. Forgive me popmom.

They're not bad in a toaster oven, but not all fries work.

I re-heat them on a cookie sheet (or similar) in the oven at 350 for a few minutes till they are toasty and warm. Now I have noticed that some fries re-heat well while others do not. So from certian restuarnt I keep the fries knowing they will re-heat decently while other places fries I do not take to re-heat because they stay soggy or taste horrible the next day.

I think french fries have a very limited window of yummy. I pitch them.

It totally depends on the french fries. We've found that steak fries - thicker cut, like the ones Red Robin serves - reheat quite well. We just put them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven around 350-375°. The time just depends on how many fries you have left. I just try to keep an eye on them as they turn a little more golden brown and get crispy again.

bleh!

the only thing even close is a few minutes on low in an oven or toaster oven. i still don't think they're as good so i rarely bother. my husband does it and has no problem with it tho.

At my house - left over french fries from a restaurant get cut into dices and fried on hot oil the next morning to become fabulous hash browns.

Left over baked potatoes become wonderful fries. Because they are low in moisture they are wonderful when you cut them into wedges and deep fry them. nice and crispy.
In fact, when I make home made fries from potatoes, i slice them into sticks and then microwave them to get all the moisture out of them. THEN they get deep fried. The result is a french fry that remains crisp instead of going limp.

1 / 3