Is the Musical "Wicked" Appropriate for a 7 and 9 Year Old?

Has anyone taken their children to see the Musical "Wicked"? I am interested in your thoughts regarding appropriate ages to see this. Thank you.

Absolutely! When we saw it last year my son was 8 and daughter was 10. We have the cd and still listen to it frequently, and both my kids have some of the songs on their ipods. It is a wonderful show! Enjoy!

I saw this musical last year and it was great, totally appropriate for all ages!

We took all our children last March (a Christmas gift from my aunt) - they loved it!!! (Our youngest were 7 and 9.)
I was quite worried - the book was definitely NOT for children, but the musical was fine. We got the soundtrack and knew all the words before we went - then listened to nothing but that for MONTHS!!!

We took our two, then ages five and a half and ten; one boy, one girl, who were mesmerized and would see it again in a heartbeat! There were loads of kids in the audience (in Chicago) and my husband and I loved it too! Definitely a must see for any age group!

Yes! We went two years ago. My then 13 and 9 year old daughters loved it, as did my husband and I. My now 11 year old daughter still plays the soundtrack!!

we took our 6 year old and he LOVED it! so much in fact we have the soundtrack and listen to it in the car and he sings right along!

The content is not questionable unlike the book. But I think it's more of a question can they sit still and watch a play for that long. As a person who goes and see plays and musicals a lot I can tell you there is nothing more frustrating then sitting next to people who are talking or kids who are crying and getting up and down a lot. The person who said they would take their 2 and 3 year old is CRAZY! I have a 2 and 4 year old and although they are very well behaved I wouldn't take them because they talk through movies and I know they would through a play. Your child or children need to be able to sit still for an hour or an hour and a half at a time (usually 2 acts). Why would you pay that kind of money to stand in the back of the house or the atrium (box office area) the whole show? Go with your mature children and have a great time at the show. Your 7 and 9 year old might love it. Only you know if they can sit still that long (which at 9 I think they should be able to). Also talk to them about theatre etiquette and how a live play is different than a movie. If you do that then I know you, and everyone around you, will have a great time. :)

M. :)

One of the women from the show, Idina Menzel,played a concert at my work not too long ago. She was very provacative. It's definitely more of a teenage show.

Hope this helps

1 / 3