Is It Too Soon for Sex

I had a baby three weeks ago and had a very easy delivery. i did not need an episiotomy and did not tear, so no stiches. I feel like I am ready to have sex again, but is it too soon?

TMI ( To Much Information ).

I would wait the six weeks for intercourse.
But
If the bleeding has stopped for you,
I would not wait to have oral sex with your husband.

So that's something to think about.

= )

My doc's answer was that I was ready when I felt ready, and would know if that status changed... so just take it slow if I was unsure. (Yep, female doc).

Ditto no episiotomy, no tearing.

The general recommendation is six weeks to avoid infection. I had a c-section, so obviously no tearing either, but I would follow doctor's orders.

I too had a very easy delivery and we only waited 2 and a half weeks. I just made sure I was on top and didn't push it. (haha my hubby just said TMI!) :)

I didn't get an infection or have any other problems.

My doctor told me six weeks, but we never waited that long and she said as long as I was comfortable and had no pain it was fine. I think we waited about four after my first and maybe 4 1/2 weeks after our second. I would highly recommend a good lubricant just to make things more comfortable whenever you do that again and don't feel bad if you decide last-minute that it is not really a great idea (just be willing to do something else!). Honestly, those four weeks were some of the longest of our marriage, so I was very thankful I felt so good. I can't imagine having had to wait six! =)

I think you are supposed to wait until your six week checkup. I think I got to five weeks and could not take it anymore. I felt like I was ready. The only thing I would say is to make sure you use some form of birthcontrol so you are not pregnant when you go back for your checkup. You know your body better than any one else. Have fun. :-)

It's a matter of making sure you don't get an infection. That's why the doctor recommends waiting. Perhaps you could give a call into the office and ask.

I had four kids and never made it past the 3 week mark with any of them. You also have to remember you can still get pregnant unless you use something. Your body can ovulate at any time. I never had any problems with starting back early;) But take things slow!

1 / 3