Is It Too Late for Private School?

My daughter is about to turn 5 and my husband and I have recently started discussing private school for her. Since she starts kindergarten next year, is it too late to find a school and get her enrolled? Does that happen year long or is there a certain time of the year they open enrollment? I am clueless about this and was wondering if any of you have information that would help me get started on this.

Hi D.,

I've been using this website ( www.privateschoolreview.com) to search private schools in our area.
Goodluck and hope you find the perfect school for your child.

Lz

I teach an academic kindergarten program out of my home classroom in Corinth and have 2 openings for next fall. I am a Christian mom of 2 children(my daughter will be kdg. this fall) and a certified teacher with 12 years of classoom experience with specialized certifications in reading recovery and early childhood. I left my teaching career to be home to raise my children. My class enrollment maximum is 6 so there is plenty of individualized instruction. Email me if you would like more details or to visit. If you are looking for a larger school I know that Liberty Christian in Argyle is very reputable. Good luck,

In my experience, January/February are enrollment months. Don't be discouraged by waiting lists either. Sometimes things come available.

No it is not too late at all. Most private schools have open house tours in January and start open enrollment in February. Start your research now and start going to open houses next month. You will find the right school for your daughter! Good luck!

St. Monica in Dallas also starts accepting applications in January or February.

My son's school (in McKinney) starts registering in February. It depends on the school on how difficult it is to get in, but as another mom said, don't let waiting lists discourage you there's a lot of people who drop out at the last minute.

Good luck!!

Legacy Christian Academy starts accepting applications in January, I think.....check out the website.....legacyca.com.

D.,

It depends on the school. I know we visited several private schools and most have app deadlines of December and January. You'll have to call to get exact dates though. Most of the open houses are over also, but you should be able to schedule a private tour with most as well. Good luck! I don't know which you are considering, but Greenhill was the best one we went to. It has a brand new lower school and it is phenomenal...they even have an entire (real and working) miniature kitchen that the kiddos use (each kid gets to make a birthday cake for another child's birthday). Anyway, when we were there, Mark Cuban's (owner of Dallas Mavs) wife was there looking at it for their children. Hope that helps!

1 / 3