Is it safe to take Theraflu during pregnancy?

Can I drink theraflu while I'm pregnant?
Also, what's the best thing for indigestion - I can't have another night like last night. Up from 1 - 6:30 a.m., throwing up most of the time.
HELP!

Summary

Consult with your doctor before taking any over the counter medication.

For nausea, I relied on Tums and Ginger Beer. Target (Archer Farms) carries a ginger beer that is pretty good.

I wouldn't. It's pretty potent. I'd go with Robitusin. That's what my doc said I could take while I was pregnant with my youngest. Hope you feel better soon!!!

I don't know about the theraflu thing, but I am the a veteran of indigestion problems & really bad ones during pregnancy. I have reflux anyway, and pregnancy makes it ten times worse. Here are my suggestions. 1) don't eat for a few hours before you lie down, 2)if possible, prop up your bed at night - don't just use pillows - if you bend your torso, it will increase pressure on your stomach and make things worse and 3) use appropriate medication. Here are the medication okay for pregnancy in order of safety (starting with safest first). Start with Tums. If that's not cutting it, try either Zantac (75 or 150mg) or Pepcid AC. Both are over the counter & both are fine during pregnancy. It's best to take them with a meal and/or right at bedtime. If you're still having problems, talk to your doctor. With one of my pregnancies I had to resort to a PPI (proton pump inhibitor). Nexium is a PPI that is pregnancy category B. I've known several people who have used it & everything was fine. It requires a prescription, so you'll need to involve your doctor. But try the others first. Good luck!

I agree with some of the others. NO to the theraflu. I agree with the lemon, cayanne and honey concoction. As for Hearburn (I'm going through that right now with my third pregnancy) I love Papaya enzymes. My brand of choice is from American Health and is called Chewable Super Papaya Enzyme Plus. Also, Celery has a natural pepsid in it. Munching on that also helps heartburn.
ME

I would ask your doctor about the Theraflu. As for the indigestion, I liked using the chewy types of Rolaids. They worked alright and weren't as disgusting as Tums. The flavors actually tasted good!

No you cannot drink theraflu during pregnancy. Read your labels and run anything by your OBGYN first. You can take Coricidin or sudafed I THINK for congestion. I believe that is what I was able to take.
You can take tums pretty liberally while pregnant, I had indigestion with both of mine bad! :)
Make sure you stay hydrated more then anything else, lot's of fluids.
Call your OBGYN they will let you know what is safe.
I also was able to take Robatussin DM I believe after my first trimester. I got the flu while pregnant with my first and it was miserable! The coughing alone was horrible.
A lot of herbal remedies may seem safe but do not take anything without consulting your Dr. Some of the herbal stuff has no regulation and there is not studies done on pregnant women with them!
HUGS!

for heartburn, try pepcid AC. It works wonders and while it isn't good for all day, when it is ad like last night, it will be your best friend. I thought I could only take TUMS which did NOTHING. After I tried the famotidine (generic) I was 100 times better. Good luck

Call your Dr. It is not good for you to be sick and throwing up.

1 / 3