Is It Safe to Do a Colon Cleanse While Nursing?

I read about this colon cleanse and want to try it but am still nursing. does anyone know if there is a problem with that? the ingredients are psyllium husk, ginger root, senna leaf, rhubarb root, green tea leaf, and cascara sagrada bark. seems all natural and i'll check with our homeopathic doctor, but i'm just wondering if anyone has had experience with this? thanks

Thank you everyone for your responses! You all gave great info. Of course I don't want to release toxins into my milk so I'll wait to do this until until we're finished nursing. Thanks again!

Yes, I do have experience with this I am an herbalist and a pharmacist. By doing a colon cleanse you could release toxins that could come out in your breast milk. Plus, the senna and cascara could give the baby diarrhea. I would not recommend it until you are done nursing and then I would recommend getting to a practitioner that could check to see if you need to do one.

Only if you want to colon cleanse your daughter too. It's just not worth the risk.

You may want to contact your doctor about this. I would be more concerned with what your body is detoxing and if that gets into your milk.

www.denverjuiceplus.com

HI C.,
A colon cleanse per say is NOT safe during nursing. But there are great alternatives.
Believe me, the 1st thing I am doing after baby stops nursing is a 7-day detox cleanse.
But till then just JUICE!!! Dark greens, cayanne pepper, cucumber, carrot & ginger. Good for you & a natural safe way to "cleanse". I am also doing a 8-week weight loss challenge while nursing that is 100% vegan & I have lost 7 lbs. in 2 weeks! I hope this helps.

It's not recommended and probably not a good idea to do a cleanse while nursing. The whole idea behind a cleanse is that it flushes toxins out of your body. While this is taking place, the baby would be getting some toxins through your breastmilk. Best to wait until you're done nursing!

Hope this helps,

A.

It's really NOT advisable to do any sort of cleanse while you're nursing.

The whole idea behind a colon cleanse is to rid your body of built up toxins. But there is a stage where, just like when you stir up a glass of water with sediment at the bottom so that you can dump it all out, that the toxins 'stir' into your system. One of the places they go, is into your breast milk.

Also, the added pressure on your system (again, think of the glass of water with sediment in it), can be greatly magnified by nursing. So your body could choose to put milk production on hold. NOT what you want.

Best thing to do is wait until you're completely finished nursing to cleanse. Then your body will be ready.

Blessings,

I would not do a colon cleanse while nursing as you are releasing the toxins stuck in your colon back into your system. I know that when I do one I don't feel very good and it would not be good for the baby.

I would check with your doctor to make sure it is safe first. When you have stopped nursing email me to introduce yourself. I want to help you feel and look better!I have lost 45 lbs. and kept it off. Isagenix is a total body intercellular cleanse and the toxins are released and through the urine and you drink lots of water on your cleanse day.
www.sallybridge.isagenix.com a 20 Million $ site to learn more. Call me at ###-###-#### when you want to know more

1 / 3