Is It Possible to Leak Amniotic Fluid Started at 30 Weeks?

This could potentially be an embarressing question because this could mean I'm possibly peeing on myself! ;-) (I'd rather be embarrassed than concerned though) I'm 30 weeks pregnant and have noticed the past couple of days that I seem to be leaking fluid. This is my forth pregnancy so I well know that if my bladder is full, I better not sneeze, cough, or laugh too hard in the third trimester, or I might have to change pants. However, even with an empty bladder or even sitting down, I have leaked. Although, I've had natural births before, I've always had to have assistance in breaking my water, so I'm not sure what it is like to "have your water break" on it's own or if some leak prior. I know every woman and pregnancy is different but I wonder if I should be concerned or just more aware of how my I drink? ;-)

yes it is possible to leak amniotic fluid and it is something to seek medical advice on. to the question about peeing on yourself that could be true too. i know with water breakin there are 2 ways if it gushes out it means your fluid is on the bottom of your uterus if it trickles or leaks it is on top. sick as this sounds my child birth teacher said that if you are leaking fluid smell it and it will smell sweet opposed to urine smelling bitter or acidic. let me know what happens and congrats on the little one

Please check with your doctor SOON. My son was born 7 1/2 weeks early. There is so much that the doctors can do if you go in early. Please don't wait. We would all much rather you tell us you were wetting yourself than having a baby 10 weeks early. My prayers are with you. Keep us posted.

Go to the doctor to get checked out. I had my daughter at 24 wks and my water was leaking before it broke.

I agree with the others. Yes, call your doc. It is better to be safe than sorry. FYI- when your water breaks, it can be a trickle or a gush. Either way, you are lossing fluid that is vital to the health of the baby.

First and Most importantly, have you been to the Doctor to be checked out? And if so, what did the Dr's say? I mean, you could be peeing on yourself but I would seriously get checked out to be absolutely sure. From my understanding, if your leaking amniotic fluid, your baby could be prone to infection so Please, if you haven't done so, please go. I don't want to scare you or anything, it's just I watch too much Baby stories on tv! I hope I helped.....Please write and let me know how everything is going. Good luck and God Bless!

Hi- definitely check with your doctor ASAP. They can do an ultrasound to measure the fluid pockets and estimate your fluid level. In fact, I was induced with my first pregnancy due to low fluid and even had low fluid with the second baby. I agree with the previous poster- better safe than sorry, especially with a baby!

I agree with the other ladies advising you to call you doc...Just let them check you out & make sure you're NOT leaking fluid!

I would definetly have it checked out. You would rather bee safethan sorry. With my first child I thought I was peeing a little, turned out I was leaking fluid. They did an ememrgency C-section. I am thankful I went to my OB and was checked out. I urge you to call and make you an appointment!!

1 / 3