Is It a Boy or Girl?

First off, I'm pregnant and due at the end of May. At my last appt. the baby's heartbeat was 166, and the doctor laughingly said that if we were counting at home, we could guess it was a girl, but medically it didn't really mean anything. I've heard tons of wives tales on how to guess if you're having a boy or girl. I'm just curious to hear from other mothers what crazy ways they determined what they were having. I'm still not sure that I want to know when I go for my ultrasound, but my hubby and I are having humorous debates over it. I have had several crazy "pregnant" dreams about the baby, but have had both boy and girl dreams and even one that was twins. lol. Anyways, what did you do to guess what gender the baby was?

Old wives tale, but true for me...my son was lower and up and down. My daughter was higher and laid across. It was funny because I went into a Chinese bakery and the older woman working there looked at me and said, "Oh...you're having a girl!" I hadn't found out what it was at that point. I asked her why she thought so and she said because I was carrying her across. She was right! Plus, it will sound a little nuts, but I knew what they were for whatever reason. I referred to my son as "him" before I knew and my daughter as "her." Lucky guess? Probably.

Ok...this works almost all the time. Instinctively if asked which you prefer a boy or girl... and don't give the answer you don't care as long as its healthy b/c we all want a healthy baby but if you could choose boy or girl.. right now.. which do you prefer..? ok... now you WILL have the opposite...lol Are you big all over? or just in front... I have noticed that if you have gained like crazy alll over and have become much wider than its a boy.. if mainly just in front and not much else then I would say girl. Its funny I used to work as an admitting clerk in radiology where they did tons of ultrasounds I was like 19 for 22 on guessing what the sex was of the baby. :)

The wives tales are just so crazy, aren't they? When I was pregnant I had bad heartburn, and someone told me that meant my baby would be born with a lot of hair. Well, that didn't turn out to be the case. I did have cranial sacral therapy when I was pregnant, though, and the therapist "saw" a girl with blond hair and said that my baby was very happy to be with me. I did have a blond girl. I always intuitively felt I would have a girl, and I was very drawn to the color pink while pregnant. It just seemed to stand out brightly to me against the winter grey. I also had bad morning sickness, and some people believe that it is worse with girls, because you have the extra estrogen in your system. Don't know if there is any medical validity to that. Well, congratulations on your baby, whatever you are having!

please i have heard so many different things when i was pregnant for all my kids and none ever came close to the seeing the child and actually knowing.i know it was funny when they were wrong.one thing i remember was that someone said if you carry it high all your pregnancy it is a girl if you carry it low it was a boy.just enjoy the guessing games it could be twins and one of each.just enjoy being the center of attention.K.

It's so much fun trying to figure out what you're having! The chinese birth chart was right twice for me and wrong once. When asked what I thought I was having, I was always right. Just a feeling, I guess. I felt a little sicker with my 6yr. old - girl. Not a huge amount, but a little more. Now, I am 28 weeks pregnant right now and I knew it was a girl because I was REALLY sick! I know more people who got sicker with girls than boys, however that's not fool-proof. We decided to find out what we were having because the older kids can "bond" with baby. The kids can now put a name with the mystical thing making my belly big. They call her by name and it seems like she's already part of the the family. Plus, I could never wait to see what the baby was at the birth. HUGE kudos to those who are patient enough to wait. I couldn't - wish I could have, cuz that would be pretty cool to have the doctor/midwife announce it to you. However, one thing I have yet to hear was wrong was the Drano test. It was right for all of mine (so far) and for several friends of mine, also. Have fun with your pregnancy and good luck!

Keep yourself guessing until "it" is born!! Don't find out!!! It will be the best suprise you will ever have!!! I about passed out when they handed me a girl, I thought for sure our daughter was going to be a boy.

I didn't want to know with any of ours. The first two were easy, but the third was very hard to buy gender neutal for. We have 3 girls. My husband says that it's God's joke on him! The ultasound tech told us that more people are waiting to find out the old fashioned way. I always thought that it was more fun that way, it really gave me something to look forward to during labor. The curiosity made it a little easier to bear. Good luck.

1 / 3