Is It a Boy or a Girl?

Hello Everyone, we are expecting our second baby in February 08, of course we are excited and we decided this time we won't find out the sex of the baby (my husband's idea of course!)But the problem now is that I am so eager to find out so I was wondering if you could share with me your experiences?? I searched google many times and tried old wives tales and still not sure!

I don't agree with the gut feeling. I thought I was having a girl so much that my mom had already started buying girl cloths, we have a boy! LOL

If you REALLY want to know, and your husband doesn't, why not just find out yourself? The only way to really know is through ultrasound or genetic testing of some sort.

We found out and were surprised and delighted! The only difference is that our surprise happened at 20 weeks instead of 40.

Your gut. My gut told me both times what I was having. Pay attention to your body and what you think in your heart of hearts. Otherwise, I agree with one of the other posters, find out and don't tell your husband.

Best wishes.
N.

Hi there! My son is now nine but I definetely wanted to know his sex before I gave birth. It actually helped the process and made for some great baby book stories. My baby shower was also thrown prior to the birth of my son and it made gift registry easier as well as planning for the long terms (life insurance - room - collectibles). I still stand behind the belief that it is a decision that should be thought about with your partner before comitting to a decision like wanting to know. Good Luck and let me know what you decide.

We found out at 20 weeks that we were having a son in my first pregnancy and with the second one we were going to wait. Also, my husbands preference. Yea, I found out at the ultrasound (DH wasn't there).

This may sound wrong, and I don't mean it in a disrespectful way, BUT...There were certain things that, being the one carrying the baby, I had the final say-so in. Where we would deliver, my OB/GYN, the type of delivery, pain meds, epidural, etc. We wanted to wait to find out the gender, but I told my DH when we talked about it that if at the 20 week u/s I wanted to know, I would find out. I did and I did.

I was 100% SURE we were having a girl and I was 100% wrong. We had a son.

If you REALLY want to know then I say talk to your husband and tell him that.

Congrats on the second pregnancy!

Old wives' tales are just that; tales. If you adhere to them expecting a certain sex, you might be in for a surprise when the baby is born. I guess my advice would be if both of you want to be surprised, then just wait and be surprised. Have fun with the tales but don't put a whole lot of stock in them. Best wishes for a healthy baby!

Congrats! You really don't have much longer to wait to find out! Those old wives tales are fun but totally unreliable so I wouldn't put much stock in them. I did both ways. With my first, a girl, we decided to wait to find out and with my son 5 months ago we found out at 20 weeks. I have to say......since I've gone both routes....I'm not sure it really matters much either way. AT least it didn't to me. Frankly with my daughter, I had such a difficult delivery that when she was born, I could have cared less what the sex was, I was just so glad it was over. By finding out with my son at 20 weeks, we ended up having a really good time planning a real boy's room instead of a gender neutral room and I got to buy boy clothes instead of yellow and green. It's totally individual but I think I had more fun with it knowing then I did not knowing. The only good thing about not finding out with our first was that all our baby gear is gender neutral which turned out perfect for us since our next child was a boy! Good luck and either way you'll find out real soon!

I wanted to find out also the first time, but my husband did not. And we both know I cannot keep a secret to save my soul. Generally, I love to know everything ahead of time, but I have to admit- I'm really glad we waited. It was the best surprise of my life. We did the same with our second.

Best wishes! Yes, it can drive one crazy not knowing, but that's half the fun, right?

1 / 3