Is 60-70 Degree Weather Too Cold for Pool?

My husband thought it was a good idea to take our 23 month old son in the pool yesterday and it was 60-70 degrees outside and windy. I was cold standing there in my jacket and pants but he said the water felt warmer than outside so he thought it was ok. Is he right or am I?? It's hard to tell b/c my husband never gets cold and I'm always cold so I feel like both of our internal thermostats are off =P Thanks! I just want to know for future reference...

Depends on a ton of factors. For one, 70 here is about the warmest it gets and it feels so nice we will swim in glacier fed streams. A heated pool at 60 or 70 I would think was way fine, but if someone is used to much warmer weather it may feel too cold to them.

My mom always had an 80 degree rule. But, if you're kid's lips didn't turn blue & you weren't the one expected to take him, I think no biggie.

75+ is when I'd maybe START thinking about getting in a pool...

Brrr! That would be too cold for me!

For a baby....yes but I remember being 5,6,7..... And my aunt and uncle opened their pool memorial day no matter what the weather was and all of us kids had to be dragged out of the pool for lunch and some must have been chillier then other years because there are pictures of us marching in the parade with knee socks and sweaters on.

Wait...seriously? The weather here is on average hotter the LA. The water here is WAY too cold for anyone to swim in. There is no way he should be taking your baby.

People keep saying "their children" swam in cold water. Your child is a TODDLER, not a child. Their body regulates differently. Adults responding saying they swim in cold water, should not affect your choice. An ADULT is NOT a toddler.

Umm, yes, that is WAY too col for the pool.

Well....I sure hope so cause the pool was at 68 degrees when my kids first got in. :p They also wouldn't get out so I assume they were having fun.

If the child started crying or complaining then it was too cold, if not he was just fine.

Funny but true the water was so much colder than the outside air the water in the air was condensing on the outside of the pool. I have strange kids. :-/

How warm was the water? If the water was warm and they weren't out too long, I think it's fine.

1 / 3