Is $0.13 for One Diaper Too Much?

I have to take care on budget and try to save money where I can. And why not on diapers? I am currently using Pampers Baby Dry Size 1 and each one cost $0.13 (50%off w/ coupons and membership over amazon.com). I am curious if I could save more. Are there any diapers which is cheaper? How much do you spend (Size1)?

Any advices are really appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Not at all - the ones I buy are the Pampers through Amazon.com and I get a discount so I think I spend around .19 per diaper. However, I will only use Pampers because my son leaks through everything else. I'd try the cheaper ones and if you like them and they work for you, go with those. Why not?

Depends on the size. They get more expensive as they get bigger. I was paying 11 c a diaper for the biggest size at Walmart just before my kids potty trained last year. The WalMart brand worked just fine.

Go Cloth!!! You will spend a little more money initially...so you can just get a dozen at a time and build up your supply . Once you have the cloth diapers and covers inhand...you are going to save TONS of money every month and you will be much more environment friendly!!!
You can look at various places online that have used diapers for sale at much cheaper prices. ( I Know...the idea of used diapers is sort of hard to wrap your head around but both of my daughters use them on their sons...and once you wash and sanitize them they are just fine!!!). You will also want to look at the great covers that they have now...my daughters are particularly fond of fuzzibuns and bum genioius . I found one sight called diaper swappers that looks like it would be a great source.
The nice thing is that you can save these and use them on the NEXT little one at your house with no additional expense on your part!!! I used cloth diapers on all three of my girls, and as I said, both of my daughters are using them on their sons...so I can tell you how great they really are!!
In the mean time...make sure you are looking for coupons to use on your diapers. Figure out whether it is cheaper to buy one big box of diapers and only use one coupon or if you save more per unit by buying smaller packages and using multiple coupons.

Cloth diapering is a good alternative. Most people think that they hike up your water bill. Not true. If you do the math it comes out for 2 washes a week for two years it's a $14 extra. If you would like more info you can message me or check out my blog.
http://largebummies.blogspot.com/2010/07/why-i-cloth-diap...

I used to buy Pampers, but have switched to LUVS. I found that they were cheaper W/O a coupon than Pampers were WITH a coupon. Not sure how much each they are. I signed up on luvs.com and got two coupons in the mail, which made the first two packages I bought a lot cheaper.

Hmm. I just got out he calculator. 13 cents sounds pretty good. But what size are you buying? The size 5 luvs cost about a quarter a piece.

Samantha is right they do get more expensive the bigger the diaper. Try the store brands. I used to use either the Sam's Club Member Mark or Toys R Us Especially for Baby when my kids wore diapers. They did not leak for me and I did not feel I had to change them more often. I know a lot of people swore by the Target brand but I think those other two brands were cheaper. Compare and see what works for you.

try the store brand name... my local wal mart brand is parents choice and there 5 or 6 dollars and my local grocery store is gernaric diapers are baby basic and there 6 or 7 dollars but try that

If you sign up for Amazon's Subscribe & Save and Amazon Mom the diapers are $0.11, free two day shipping, no tax. Not sure how you got $0.13 on Amazon as the diapers would be $0.16+ at regular cost. Here is the link for the one's I found: http://www.amazon.com/Pampers-Baby-Diapers-Size-252-Count...

I think 13 cents is alot on a diaper. I have tried the cheap diapers which cost less but figured out I was actually spending more cause I had to change them more often so we were using more diapers. I love pampers but at am trying to be more frugal so we switched to loves. We are only on day two but so far they seem to be working.

1 / 3